Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #1111
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcyb9 View Post
I'm getting crazy: tried the "mount nfs" method like described in this thread, also tried the "D) Disable diagnostics" way used by Duokan: no way...

I should find a way to unprotect the internal moviNand flash somehow (since I think it's something more deep than just a read-only filesystem mount).
Did you also read the "Has not been tested on a Kindle Touch" comment in the thread you linked to?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #1112
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch software Version 5.1.2
Hello

Ok. I saw that everybody is asking "how debrick my kindle". Also I saw that steps to repair kindle, but I followed them and finaly I broke my kindle. My kindle partition wont be recognized in windows . PLEASE, let's make one tutorial with video how to do this for Linux - Virtual Machine (preferable video, because many of us aren't able to use linux , especial to repair something, I say this rely on my previous attemps to recover my kindle ).
Thank you very much ..
ivakuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #1113
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Next couple of days I MIGHT do a video about using fastboot on a kindle touch in linux.

assuming I can get the video gear working.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #1114
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Next couple of days I MIGHT do a video about using fastboot on a kindle touch in linux.

assuming I can get the video gear working.

Thank you very much . I will wait your video to solve my problem..
Old 02-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #1115
ivakuska
Enthusiast

But how I can fix my kindle to see the partition of kindle when i'm conecting the kindle to my PC?
Thx
Old 02-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #1116
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivakuska View Post
But how I can fix my kindle to see the partition of kindle when i'm conecting the kindle to my PC?
Thx
He posted: "in the next couple of days"
He did not post: "in the next couple of seconds"
Old 02-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #1117
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivakuska View Post
Thx
make the inf files correct.

or use a different system

I use ubuntu Mint 32 bit. That works perfectly.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #1118
wallacemckart
Enthusiast
wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallacemckart View Post
Hi. While I was trying to setup usbnetwork from diagnotics, i stucked in it. I didn't now i have already had it. ixtab said me to do
"idme -d --bootmode main
reboot"
after that my pw is stuck in boot(kindle tree screen) And my PC doesn't recognize it

After a while "charge it" screen appeared. When i plug it to pc while it has "charge it" screen, new device is shown in my computer. But when i tried to open folder, pc didn't allow it.

Are these mean my pw bricked? Can I debricked it?

as I mentioned to my problem earlier, can connecting my kindle to pc via serial port help me? According to your thought, I will buy serial port equipments.
wallacemckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:52 AM   #1119
ivakuska
Enthusiast

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
He posted: "in the next couple of days"
He did not post: "in the next couple of seconds"
Old 02-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #1120
bonjurkes
Enthusiast
bonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kİndle Touch v5.3.2
I am trying to switch in to USB Recovery mode but no luck. I have K5, I tried restarting and right after the screen (please wait while your kindle bla bla), I press home button for few seconds on the black white screen, the green led goes on but it just continues to load Kİndle (progress bar filling up). Is there another trick for it or am I doing something wrong?

I need to go into recovery mode, then enable fastboot, then follow some tut to jb 5.3.2. It's a totally pain for me.
bonjurkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #1121
twobob

Hold down power button (20 secs?), Hold down home button. Release power button, wait a few, release home button. Should be it. IIRC
Old 02-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #1122
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Hold down power button (20 secs?), Hold down home button. Release power button, wait a few, release home button. Should be it. IIRC
Both buttons are held down at the same time then released in the order given, **IIRC**
Old 02-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #1123
bonjurkes
Enthusiast
bonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshes

tried both, and with twobob's method, i get only white screen.

A noob question: Should I try doing this while device is connected to pc with USB drive mode? Or plug in the cable after I get recovery mode?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #1124
twobob

Yes. A white screen... THAT'S CORRECT!

What were you expecting? Fastboot has no "swanky front end" - just a white screen.

Now connect up USB and attach via fastboot

So yeah! you did it! yay! now go do something with it : D
Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #1125
bonjurkes
Enthusiast

I expected a lot more than white screen to be honest

1-)Whenever I connect the USB, it shows USB Drive mode screen. Is that normal?

2-) I use imx usb loader with a gui, and whenever I choose fastboot it says success. But whenever I give the command fastboot flash ... it just says waiting for the device.

I guess something is wrong again

Tags
debricking