Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 12-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
cynoclast
Enthusiast
cynoclast began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N810 (FBReader), iPhone 3GS (Stanza/Kindle)
Broken Amazon Kindle (for registering to my amazon account)

That's right, I want to buy your non-functional Amazon Kindle.

The only catch is that I must be able to register its serial number exclusively to my amazon account.

This means, if it's registered to your amazon account, or someone else's it's of no value to me, and I won't buy it from you.

Note: If your kindle is currently registered to your account, degregistering and re-registering is a simple process. You, the owner of the amazon account, simply de-register the kindle from your Amazon account. I can then register it to mine. After sale.

The price? Negotiable. Let me know either via a post here, or a private message what you think is reasonable for a broken piece of hardware. The accessories would be nice in case I ever get one myself, but if you'd like to keep them as spares or whatever, that's fine.

Note that I do want to receive the physical unit and will pay for standard UPS ground shipping (approx $7 per pound).

If you want we can set up an auction on eBay to add some peace of mind or whatever, my eBay account is almost eight years old and has 100% positive feedback.

Last edited by cynoclast; 12-10-2008 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Including deregistration information - thanks desertgrandma
cynoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynoclast View Post
That's right, I want to buy your non-functional Amazon Kindle.

The only catch is that I must be able to register its serial number exclusively to my amazon account.

This means, if it's registered to your amazon account, or someone else's it's of no value to me, and I won't buy it from you.

The price? Negotiable. Let me know either via a post here, or a private message what you think is reasonable for a broken piece of hardware. The accessories would be nice in case I ever get one myself, but if you'd like to keep them as spares or whatever, that's fine.

Note that I do want to receive the physical unit and will pay for standard UPS ground shipping (approx $7 per pound).

If you want we can set up an auction on eBay to add some peace of mind or whatever, my eBay account is almost eight years old and has 100% positive feedback.
degregistering and re-registering is a simple process. The seller simply de-registers their kindle from their Amazon account. When you get it, you register it to yours.

You do have an amazon account, US credit card and address, right?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
cynoclast
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
degregistering and re-registering is a simple process. The seller simply de-registers their kindle from their Amazon account. When you get it, you register it to yours.
Thanks for pointing that out, I knew it, but failed to include it.

Quote:
Yes to all three.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
cynoclast
Enthusiast

Bump.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:05 AM   #5
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
Quote:

When i was looking to buy a Kindle I contacted them as I live in Australia. They (Amazon) told me that I had to have the unit delivered to a US address but after that I didnt need the US card/account as I could order books from my amazon account using m Aussie credit card. Instead of having the books sent via wireless, you can (apparently) download them via your Amazon account no matter which country you live in. Just some useless information that someone might find interesting.
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #6
cynoclast
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinter View Post
When i was looking to buy a Kindle I contacted them as I live in Australia. They (Amazon) told me that I had to have the unit delivered to a US address but after that I didnt need the US card/account as I could order books from my amazon account using m Aussie credit card. Instead of having the books sent via wireless, you can (apparently) download them via your Amazon account no matter which country you live in. Just some useless information that someone might find interesting.
For me the only problem is the lack of a kindle registered to my amazon account.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinter View Post
When i was looking to buy a Kindle I contacted them as I live in Australia. They (Amazon) told me that I had to have the unit delivered to a US address but after that I didnt need the US card/account as I could order books from my amazon account using m Aussie credit card.
Except that they are incorrect. I worked with a member here from Saudi Aribia to help him d/l books to his Kindle. He was not able to buy Kindle books which his non-US credit card was on file. He had to buy a gift card... apply it to the account, remove the credit card and then buy the kindle book. I suggested to him that he should create a new Amazon account just for Kindle books to make it easier. I think that is what he ended up doing.

Unless you know someone doing the above.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:53 PM   #8
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
pilotbob, I must admit it did sound a little weird and that is probably why I took the punt and went with the Sony instead (glad I did if they passed on the wrong info). Its a shame that they tie it just to the US as the world market would be pretty huge. Maybe one day - but then again I love the 505.

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, broken, kindle, register, serial number