Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
theonna
One
theonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony, Kindle,Pocketbook, Nook...
Frozen...

My Odyssey Frontlight HD is frozen. Screen is stuck on wifi page. Not changing for anything. But... when connected to computer Cybook drive shows up, I can see the contents of cybook, can add or delete files or folders.
Screen picture does not change.
I charged it overnight. Tried to reboot using-
long press on power button- no change,
hold menu, press power button- no change,
press both left and right buttons and press power- no change.
The device is new, just came in the mail, turned on after being connected to the charger, and got stuck on wifi screen when I got to setting it up. Nothing was added or done to it at all.
What am I to do now?
theonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:23 AM   #2
Ansileran
Zealot
Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Cybook Odyssey HD
Do you mean that you never managed to reboot it? Or that it did reboot but you ended up on the same page? If you haven't returned the device yet, try emptying the battery (turn on the frontlight and it shouldn't take that long). If you have added a microSD card, remove it and don't put it back inside until the device works (it needs to be completely turned off when you insert the card).

The odyssey is quite buggy and "freezes" happen on a regular basis. That or you suddenly get kicked out of your book for no reason because "an error occured"... Honestly, unless you have a specific need that makes it the only device you can use (like specific language requirements + a "no kindle" policy), it's not worth bothering with...
Ansileran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2013, 01:56 AM   #3
theonna
One
theonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony, Kindle,Pocketbook, Nook...
I've been corresponding with Bookeen tech support and they've sent me RMA form.
As far as device goes- after first automatically turning on on the first power cord connection, it went as far as wifi selection screen, and has been stuck on that screen ever since. I can connect it to computer and after some power button manipulation can make it appear in file manager, or disappear there, so I know device starts, boots, restarts, but the screen is still same wifi selection screen that it first gotten to. No boot screen, no nothing, one screen touch not working in its on position, light could be turned on, but only gets turned off after power off.
I wish there was something that I could do, rather than just send it back for repair. But alas, not that I can find so far.
As far as "no kindle" policy- I own a Kindle. Wanted to compare.
theonna is offline   Reply With Quote