Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #196
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Hello ixtab, do you plan to add Paperwhite support to this in future?
Please note this is merely a question out of curiosity and not a demand for support.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #197
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
Hello ixtab, do you plan to add Paperwhite support to this in future?
Please note this is merely a question out of curiosity and not a demand for support.
If you can tell me how to get the Paperwhite into USB downloader mode, then yes.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #198
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Ah, right, that's the limitation.
Whilst this site loads automatically when I power on my laptop I've been rather lax at keeping up to speed with things.

Thanks for the reply.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #199
CeramicHammer
CeramicHammer began at the beginning.

Device: K3
ixtab, you rock. I just read the entire thread but my issue hasn't come up yet. I have a K3 that is unresponsive. The screen is stuck on an advertisement and has been for weeks. I have let the thing charge for a week and no response. I've removed the battery and it's at 3.7V which should be perfect. When I plug into the computer, sometimes it doesn't show up in device manager at all, other times it comes up as "SE blank RINGO". No amount of holding the powerswitch seems to make a difference.

I downloaded Kubrick 2.1 and put it on a USB stick. I boot into Kubrick just fine on multiple computers. I follow the instructions and the USB downloader mode check passes. At the Flashing Kernel prompt after a second or two, the status goes to "Device Ready". Does this mean the Kernel was flashed or that the Kernel is ready to be flashed? After leaving it at the screen for a few minutes, the Flashing Kernel status stays at "device ready" so I just hit next.

At the Flashing Main partition, the status says "Flashing Main partition 0%" and then immediately says "Flashing done". Obviously it isn't done because it is supposed to take hours. Any idea about what my problem is?
CeramicHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #200
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
erk.. that sounds a little bit like the one I had that I had to send back.

Does k3flasher (used directly) report anything more sensible? like for example can you get it to run:

me@dev /usr/local/src/k3flasher $ sudo ./k3flasher mx35to2_mmc.bin info

(dont post the output obviously)

in essence KUBRICK is designed to obfuscate such details from you. a k3flasher run directly gives you a few more options as the output is more verbose.

Hope that helps.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #201
kolosus
kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 4 NT (wifi), Kindle 5 (3g + wifi)
Kindle Touch, lost 3g

I have a Kindle 4, touch.

Earlier today 3g was working on it. Tonight I used Kubrick on it and after that 3g stopped working.

After some searching on the net I came across a posted suggestion to use ;311 to try and find wireless networks. I waited 15 min or so, no networks came on.

Could I have broken 3g by using Kubrick? Please advise.
kolosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #202
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
3.7volts isn't perfect at all, BTW. I rather guess the battery's dead and the PMIC or the SoC is rebooting the system due to brown-out detection. Can't add much more here, but I really suggest to go and try to recharge the battery for _hours_, up to 24, I'd say. With a crafty charger, not a PC connection - the Kindle will eat up all power otherwise.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #203
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah brown-outs... takes me back to sim-city happy long days of computer games that amused us by doing almost nothing.

I was really excited by the glass-box engine when that was announced last year. Shame the 2013 release was such a TOTAL botch job. Glad I never bothered buying it the end.

I even broke out my sim-city 4 and did a little "LOT" editing. Sure was fun making custom buildings. Should probably get out more.

Last edited by twobob; 03-21-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #204
twobob

Thread merged (PM sent)

Merged here as requested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolosus View Post
I have a Kindle 4, touch.

Earlier today 3g was working on it. Tonight I used Kubrick on it and after that 3g stopped working.

After some searching on the net I came across a posted suggestion to use ;311 to try and find wireless networks. I waited 15 min or so, no networks came on.

Could I have broken 3g by using Kubrick? Please advise.

Anyone got any clues on this?
Old 03-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #205
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quite possible. It's probably just some configuration change (or marker file) which is different in the 3G version. The question is: where/what? I'll need an image of a working 3G main partition to determine that. Or, of course, someone who can directly provide the answer.

PS: The same probably applies to the K4.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #206
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Quite possible. It's probably just some configuration change (or marker file) which is different in the 3G version. The question is: where/what? I'll need an image of a working 3G main partition to determine that. Or, of course, someone who can directly provide the answer.

PS: The same probably applies to the K4.
Differences between 3G and wifi-only firmware for KT aren't a secret.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #207
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Thank you! I must have remembered something wrong then (I thought I remembered gm posting this about the PW, when it was actually about the KT... or so).

Anyway, I'll include that in the next version of Kubrick (will be released soon, within 10 days or so). Until then, the OP of the problem can simply edit the files.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #208
twobob

Quote:
Thank you! I must have remembered something wrong then (I thought I remembered gm posting this about the PW, when it was actually about the KT... or so).

Anyway, I'll include that in the next version of Kubrick (will be released soon, within 10 days or so). Until then, the OP of the problem can simply edit the files.
Heroic. I wonder if something similar existed on the 3 devices. Far as I can tell "Not"

Cheers boys.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #209
kolosus
kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 4 NT (wifi), Kindle 5 (3g + wifi)
Quote:

ixtab! You are the man!

As I mentioned, 3g was working earlier in the day but after using Kubrick 3g stopped working.

So now the question is, since I'm kinda a newbie to this, how/what do I change on this thing? I'm not a newbie at all. I've been using linux for years but when it comes to this particular case I'm totally lost on what to do. I can SSH into the kindle, no problem. I'm not scared of the command line, I just like the experience/know how.

Any help/pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. I may just need some dummying down of some of the stuff on the other thread. Thanks.
kolosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #210
twobob

okay. I can probably help there...

Let me think... do you have kual installed? I could make you a toggle button.

Alternately you can do it yourself via ssh - usbnetworking thread for that.

Oh... btw. whichever route you choose... post in the relevant thread. Let's not get this one too off topic