Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-01-2015, 05:37 AM   #46
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
That patch is a replacement for three other patches, so you'll need to disable those three patches if you have them enabled. If that isn't the problem, then can you post the full error message? I did test it on firmare 3.13.1 and it worked for me.
Problem solved I disable "patch_name = `Disable KePub FullSceenReading block img style`", i forget i add it.

Other subject, do you know how to increase the time of the page refresh after using the dictionary, it very short and it making my text look grey, or cancel the page refresh after using the dictionary.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:25 PM   #47
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Other subject, do you know how to increase the time of the page refresh after using the dictionary, it very short and it making my text look grey, or cancel the page refresh after using the dictionary.
I don't really know anything about how the screen refresh works, I spent a bit of time trying to figure it out in the hope of finding a way around the reffesh bug in firmware 3.18.0 but made no progress. However I think the problem you describe has been fixed in firmware 3.18.0, but unfortunately using the dictionary is one of the things that triggers the refresh bug.

Last edited by GeoffR; 12-01-2015 at 11:28 PM. Reason: but unfortunately using the dictionary ...
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:42 PM   #48
WolfBack
Zealot
WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura 6'', Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD
In case of interest, this is the Greek Keyboard patch:

Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Greek keyboard`
patch_enable = `yes`
# Enable uppercase for `ß` key
replace_bytes = 84D690, 00 24, 01 24
# Replace layout sign
replace_string = C16AB4, `ÉÀÇ`, `EN/GR`
# Change keyboard layout
base_address = C169D4
# Second row, left to right:
# (for Touch/Mini/Glo/Aura the first key moves to top row, first column.)
replace_string = 0000, `æ\0`, `ώ`
replace_string = 0004, `à\0`, `;`
replace_string = 0008, `è\0`, `ς`
replace_string = 000C, `ì\0`, `ε`
replace_string = 0010, `ò\0`, `ρ`
replace_string = 0014, `ù\0`, `τ`
replace_string = 0018, `á\0`, `υ`
replace_string = 001C, `é\0`, `θ`
replace_string = 0020, `í\0`, `ι`
replace_string = 0024, `ó\0`, `ο`
replace_string = 0028, `ú\0`, `π`
replace_string = 002C, `ý\0`, `ό`
# Third row, left to right:
# (for Touch/Mini/Glo/Aura the first key moves to top row, second column.)
replace_string = 0030, `œ\0`, `ή`
replace_string = 0034, `â\0`, `α`
replace_string = 0038, `ê\0`, `σ`
replace_string = 003C, `î\0`, `δ`
replace_string = 0040, `ô\0`, `φ`
replace_string = 0044, `û\0`, `γ`
replace_string = 0048, `ä\0`, `η`
replace_string = 004C, `ë\0`, `ξ`
replace_string = 0050, `ï\0`, `κ`
replace_string = 0054, `ö\0`, `λ`
replace_string = 0058, `ü\0`, `΄`
replace_string = 005C, `ÿ\0`, `ά`
# Bottom row, left to right:
replace_string = 0060, `ã\0`, `ζ`
replace_string = 0064, `ñ\0`, `χ`
replace_string = 0068, `õ\0`, `ψ`
replace_string = 006C, `å\0`, `ω`
replace_string = 0070, `ß\0`, `β`
replace_string = 0074, `ç\0`, `ν`
replace_string = 0078, `đ\0`, `μ`
replace_string = 007C, `ø\0`, `ί`
replace_string = 0080, `ij\0`, `έ`
replace_string = 0084, `ł\0`, `.`
#
# Top row: Extra keys for Touch/Mini/Glo/Aura only.
# (This patch cannot change the top row of the AuraHD/H2O keypad.)
base_address = C18C50
# Top row: columns 1-2 (see first key of second/third rows above.)
# Top row: columns 3-5
replace_string = 0004, `þ\0`, `!`
replace_string = 0008, `š\0`, `"`
replace_string = 000C, `ž\0`, `?`
# Top row: column 6 is a duplicate of the last key on the bottom row.
# Top row: columns 7-10
replace_string = 0000, `ƒ\0`, `,`
replace_string = 0010, `μ\0`, `(`
replace_string = 0014, `ª\0`, `)`
replace_string = 0018, `º\0`, `-`
</Patch>
WolfBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 06:15 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Having used 3.13.1, it's time to put this thread to rest as all of you still using this firmware should update to the latest 3.19 version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:52 AM   #50
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't agree the 3.13.1 is very solid firmware, less bugs, and i already use to it.

I didn't like 3.15-3.18 firmware because of the bugs, the 3.19 is okay but some of patchs
don't work on it.
Overall i didn't see alot of improvement from 3.13.1 to 3.19, so i stick to 3.13.1 for now.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:06 PM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't agree the 3.13.1 is very solid firmware, less bugs, and i already use to it.

I didn't like 3.15-3.18 firmware because of the bugs, the 3.19 is okay but some of patchs
don't work on it.
Overall i didn't see alot of improvement from 3.13.1 to 3.19, so i stick to 3.13.1 for now.
What don't you like about 3.13.1? One thing that I don't like with 3.13.1 is that it is SLOWER than 3.19.5761.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:26 PM   #52
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
3.15 rules, 3.19.5761 drools!

John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:31 PM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post

3.15 is not as good as 3.19.5761.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:33 PM   #54
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
3.15 is not as good as 3.19.5761.
It is better.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:28 PM   #55
oren64
I need a chapter break

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What don't you like about 3.13.1? One thing that I don't like with 3.13.1 is that it is SLOWER than 3.19.5761.
These patchs are missing in 3.19.5761.
`Compact homepage layout (Glo only)`
`Remove white borders from homescreen tile book covers`

Quote:

I didn't like 3.15 because of the ghosting.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:19 AM   #56
pipcat
Connoisseur
pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo Hd
Quote:
These patchs are missing in 3.19.5761.
`Compact homepage layout (Glo only)`
`Remove white borders from homescreen tile book covers`
You can customize image borders in nickel css:
- /* [MOD]: Removed cover border in small thumbnails (recent and new books) */
- /* [MOD]: Removed cover border in small thumbnails (added to library) */
- /* [MOD]: Removed cover border in most recent book thumbnail */
https://github.com/pipcat/kobo/tree/...tch-nickel-css
pipcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
It is better.
I have to disagree. 3.19.5761 is better than 3.15. Been there, done that, and moved on because I wanted better and I got it with 3.19.5761.