Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #31
fablemanor
fablemanor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I guess for me, I've enjoyed "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter". It's better than it sounds actually.
fablemanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #32
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fablemanor View Post
I guess for me, I've enjoyed "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter". It's better than it sounds actually.
So... it doesn't have anything to do with Abraham Lincoln hunting vampires, then?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #33
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller.

I've always struggled with "The Classics", but this is a wonderful re-telling of The Iliad. It's in a modern idiom, but manages (I feel) to retain the atmosphere of the original superbly.
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #34
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
So... it doesn't have anything to do with Abraham Lincoln hunting vampires, then?
It kind of like those bland, dry biographies we had to read in school, only with vampires.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #35
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Oh yes, it does. The funniest thing is that it isn't a comedy.

And no, I haven't seen it, only the cinema trailer. I was laughing so hard that I had tears running down my face. That did not impress the girl I was with.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert