Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2006, 11:58 PM   #1
bandsaw
bandsaw began at the beginning.

can librie owners download from connect store?

Didn't know whether to post this in the Librie section or here. Anyway, just curious to know whether or not librie owners can buy books off the connect store site. Will they be viewable? It seems you need the connect software to buy anything from the store, but could a Librie be one of the "devices" authorized?
bandsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:27 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Good question... I'm sure many people new to e-books are wondering the same thing.

But unfortunately, that won't work. It would certainly be nice if it did, though.

The problem is that the Sony Connect store sells BBeB formatted books with a very specific DRM implementation (Digital Rights Management). For now, as far as I'm aware, there are currently no other devices other than a Windows PC or a Sony Reader that can read those books.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2006, 01:49 AM   #3
bandsaw
bandsaw began at the beginning.

Thanks for the reply! I figured as much, but seeing as I hadn't seen anything explicitly nixing the possibility, I thought I'd ask.
bandsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:31 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Yes, Marlin DRM used by Connect is incompatible with Librie's DRM.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote