Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
rireed3
Connoisseur
rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook 1, Cybook Gen3
New Cybook Gen3 boo 1.4 build 923

Hi All,

I'm very new to this, and just got a new Gen3 from eXpansys in Britain (it shipped from their warehouse in Marseille?).

The S/N starts with EB 600AB...

The User Guide is from 12/7/2007, but About says

Boo Reader 1.4 (build 923)
Mobipocket Reader 6.0 (build 70)

The Library has only prc and pdf, and I don't know enough yet to do further investigations. My questions to Bookeen support were:

------begin query to Bookeen ---------
Does it have 512 MB internal storage memory?
Can I read Mobipocket DRM?
Can I read Adobe ADE?
Can I read Epub DRM?

Is there more up-to-date documentation online somewhere?
----end query to Bookeen

Glad to look around, if I can find the way

Richard
rireed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can see for yourself how much storage it has by simply looking at the size of the "Gen3" disk that appears when you connect it to your PC via USB.

It will support Mobi DRM only.

Last edited by HarryT; 07-16-2009 at 12:00 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks for the info on the firmware. Now added to the wiki. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Cybo...#1.4_Build_923

You CyBook will almost certainly have the 400MHz processor and 512MB storage. It sounds like it will read DRMed Mobipocket but not ePUB.

Hopefully Bookeen will soon release this (or slightly later) firmware to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rireed3 View Post
Hi All,

I'm very new to this, and just got a new Gen3 from eXpansys in Britain (it shipped from their warehouse in Marseille?).

The S/N starts with EB 600AB...

The User Guide is from 12/7/2007, but About says

Boo Reader 1.4 (build 923)
Mobipocket Reader 6.0 (build 70)

The Library has only prc and pdf, and I don't know enough yet to do further investigations. My questions to Bookeen support were:

------begin query to Bookeen ---------
Can I read Adobe ADE?
Can I read Epub DRM?

Is there more up-to-date documentation online somewhere?
----end query to Bookeen

Glad to look around, if I can find the way

Richard
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
1.4 build 923
Hopefully Bookeen will soon release this (or slightly later) firmware to everyone.
And they are waiting for WHAT?!

It's easier to produce units with the new FW, but not to put a download link on their webpage...???
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerraldo View Post
And they are waiting for WHAT?!

It's easier to produce units with the new FW, but not to put a download link on their webpage...???
No idea. There have been several new versions of firmware since they last let anyone update it, last autumn.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Yes
Quote:
Yes

Quote:
Can I read Adobe ADE?
Can I read Epub DRM?
No. Non drm pdf only.
Oh, and my Cybook shows version 928.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #7
rireed3
Connoisseur
rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook 1, Cybook Gen3
Yes!!

So this is the true Cybook support page.

Richard
rireed3 is offline   Reply With Quote