Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #46
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
But I do truly wish that Amazon would indicate what number in a series a title is. Sometimes they do, other times nada. I try to go by publication date, but that didn't work in this case, I figure maybe they are in order with the top in the list being the most recent, but nope. Then I scroll through reader reviews hoping someone will mention what book it is, in once case a reader says book eight Amazon, labeling it for once, calls it nine.

Am I missing a trick here?
"Fantastic Fiction" is the resource I always rely on to find the order of the books in a series. In this case:

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/m/pat-mcintosh/
Old 01-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #47
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
But I do truly wish that Amazon would indicate what number in a series a title is. Sometimes they do, other times nada.
Up to the publisher to input that data when they add the book to Amazon.

I often end up using http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk or sometimes Goodreads to find out series info.
Advert
Old 01-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #48
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
Oh cool, thanks very much indeed. I've been reduced to wikipedia-ing. And then a hard copy list to glance at since I can't be bothered to put them through Calibre and add the info in, if they're sourced from Amazon in the first place. All my books in one cloud - perhaps not the best idea.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #49
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh cool, thanks very much indeed. I've been reduced to wikipedia-ing. And then a hard copy list to glance at since I can't be bothered to put them through Calibre and add the info in, if they're sourced from Amazon in the first place. All my books in one cloud - perhaps not the best idea.
That's precisely why I add every book to Calibre as I buy it, and make sure that it has the correct series information in Calibre. Much easier to do it at the time of purchase than to go back and do it later! I use a Calibre plugboard to append the series name and number to the title on my reading devices.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #50
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
Woah, not a website to visit with a hangover!
Advert
Old 01-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #51
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Fantastic Fiction? It is quite, er, colourful, isn't it? .
Old 01-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #52
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
I've also bought a few, so many thanks for the link. Looks like fun.

But I do truly wish that Amazon would indicate what number in a series a title is. Sometimes they do, other times nada. I try to go by publication date, but that didn't work in this case, I figure maybe they are in order with the top in the list being the most recent, but nope. Then I scroll through reader reviews hoping someone will mention what book it is, in once case a reader says book eight Amazon, labeling it for once, calls it nine.

Am I missing a trick here?

Anyhow, books look great, price is very low, so all good and thanks again.
I mostly use Stop You're Killing Me (link), which for traditional DTB-published mysteries is another pretty good source of info. Of course, every now and then, in one of my occasional dips into science fiction or fantasy, I find myself wondering why the author isn't there, and have to check other sites...

I also like the indices that SYKM provides of mysteries in different locations, time periods, genres, etc., and have found a few new authors/series there.

BTW, I'm not affiliated in any way with SKYM - I just like it a lot.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #53
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Woah, not a website to visit with a hangover!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #54
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Oh well, so much for the budget. Got the set after reading one of the samples.
Thank you,looks like some good reading.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #55
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
The King's Corrodian, the latest in the Gil Cunningham series by Pat McIntosh is $1.35 at Amazon US. Link is here.

Then when I checked Amazon UK to see if it was on sale there as well, I found that the whole series of 10 books is on sale for £0.84 each. Link is here.

No idea how long either sale will last.

I've found this to be a very enjoyable series, set in Glasgow, in the 15th century. The protagonists are a notary, Gil Cunningham, together with his wife, Alys, who has taken more of a role in solving the mysteries as well as the series progresses.
Thanks for posting this. I wish the first in her series was on sale. I'll keep checking.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:30 PM   #56
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Thanks for posting this. I wish the first in her series was on sale. I'll keep checking.
They are couponable through Kobo (if you like to buy through them).
I haven't picked it up yet because I'm hoping to get a 45% (or higher) coupon to use on it. I haven't had much luck this round though.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #57
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
The King's Corrodian, the latest in the Gil Cunningham series by Pat McIntosh is $1.35 at Amazon US. Link is here.

Then when I checked Amazon UK to see if it was on sale there as well, I found that the whole series of 10 books is on sale for £0.84 each. Link is here.

No idea how long either sale will last.

I've found this to be a very enjoyable series, set in Glasgow, in the 15th century. The protagonists are a notary, Gil Cunningham, together with his wife, Alys, who has taken more of a role in solving the mysteries as well as the series progresses.
Thanks for posting this. The rest don't appear to be on sale in the US, sadly--indeed, they're all on the high end price-wise. But I can treat this one as a standalone & hope to see decent sales on the rest at some point. Good thing I'm not fussed about reading out of order!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:07 PM   #58
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
[QUOTE=BelleZora;2743559]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort1997 View Post
Free Today On Amazon UK - Dead Woman's Shoes: 1 (Lexie Lomax Mysteries) by Kaye C Hill/QUOTE]

Free in the US. Thanks for posting the link. This was first published by Creme de la Crime, now part of Severn House Publishers, in 2008.
I have a question to anyone who got this book. In the first chapter, after the phone stops ringing she goes to make a cup of tea and

Quote:
filled a decepit beige plastic kettle and put it on to boil
She put a plastic kettle on to boil??

Or is this a word which means one thing here in the States and can mean something else in Britain? Does anyone know?

Or is it by chance a typo? <trying to think of a word that could have been misspelled there>

I looked twice to be sure she hadn't put it into the microwave, but no....

Thoroughly confoozled.

Last edited by pendragginp; 01-21-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #59
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
I'm guessing that means that she plugged in an electric kettle.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:15 PM   #60
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
She put a plastic kettle on to boil??

Or is this a word which means one thing here in the States and can mean something else in Britain? Does anyone know?

Or is it by chance a typo? <trying to think of a word that could have been misspelled there>
I had a decrepit plastic electric tea kettle for years. Just plugged it in and turned it on.
Closed Thread