Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 01-21-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Post James, William: The Varieties of Religious Experience. Version 1.0. 21 Jan. 2008

Well, this is my first crack at sharing my work, I hope you enjoy.

This is William James' seminal work in religious studies (and psychology) "The Varieties of Religious Experience." It's a bit dated, but still brilliant (and I know more than one university that uses this in their capstone courses.) This is the PG version, edited in the style of HarryT for ease of navigation and pleasant interface.

I don't yet have my Sony Reader (arrives in a few days) but I believe this should work fine. Thanks to HarryT for his excellent tutorial, it really helped make sense of the mass that is BookDesigner.

If there are any problems, please let me know by msg or replying here.

(Sorry for the doublepost, managed not to attach the file the first time around)
Thanks!

Gideon
Mindful Ink - Life, Learning, and Productivity
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Varieties of Religious Experience.lrf (664.5 KB, 628 views)
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Interesting. I have already uploaded the same work last September.
See
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13903

There's no harm in having two versions of the same text, but you might want to look at the Ebook index to see whether someone's done it already, if you want to save yourself some work.

I think that yours has a good cover but that mine has restored the italics.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #3
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Ah well. Sorry then. I really should have, I suppose. When I started I really wasn't planning on "publishing" just using something that I wanted a copy of to learn with. I really thought James was probably obscure enough that it wouldn't be an issue :chuckles:.

Thanks though... found some excellent Nietzsche scans you did, too. Well done.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I too have fallen into the same logic well with Patricia's excellent postings. (We all need more Voltaire!)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote