Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-05-2012, 04:05 AM   #1
Dogger
Dogger began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Mountain Lion Compatible?

Anyone know if the latest verso of Calibre is compatible with Mountain Lion?
Dogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186048
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 04:23 AM   #3
Dogger
Dogger began at the beginning.

Thank you
Dogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
Superspec
Superspec began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you look at my thread you will see I had a problem, the old preferences library seems if created by Snow leopard, the upgraded through Lion to Mountain Lion has some form of corruption making access to Library impossible and calibre shuts down on most operations.

Delete the preference Library and restart it looks like a new install, point to library and BINGO all is well..

Superspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspec View Post
If you look at my thread you will see I had a problem, the old preferences library seems if created by Snow leopard, the upgraded through Lion to Mountain Lion has some form of corruption making access to Library impossible and calibre shuts down on most operations.

Delete the preference Library and restart it looks like a new install, point to library and BINGO all is well..

FYI, I upgraded to Mountain Lion direct from Snow Leopard and didn't have a problem.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's nothing in calibre preferences that depends on OS version. Most likely you had permissions problem being created on either the config files or files in your library directory during the upgrade.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
Superspec
Superspec began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
FYI, I upgraded to Mountain Lion direct from Snow Leopard and didn't have a problem.
I did not I went via Lion so maybe thats the problem !!
Superspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #8
rusky
rusky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I know it's a bit of a thread resurrection but since I upgraded to mountain lion I've noticed that the news that's scheduled to download at 6:30am doesn't until I wake the MAC. Before it used to download the papers.
The computer is set to sleep after 3 hours & under Lion it did used to wake.

The other that may or may not be related is one of the papers (Guardian & Observer UK) hardly ever downloads correctly now. It only downloads a few hundred KB whereas if I manually download it's fine.

Currently running 0.8.67
rusky is offline   Reply With Quote