Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Vivienne04
Vivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Unable to reinstall Kobo Desktop

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help? Having recently had to accept an upgrade to my Kobo Touch I then found that I was unable to open my Kobo Desktop so I turned to Kobo website for assistance.

Following instructions, I uninstalled my desktop with no problem but have been unable to reinstall. On clicking the "download now" link, a download was completed but installing just isn't happening.

On trying to install the new download I get the following message:

Error opening file for writing

c:\program Files\Kobo\Kobo.exe

Click Abort to stop the installation

Retry to try again or

Ignore to stop this file

Retry and Ignore don't work, all I can action is the Abort option. So now I don't have Kobo desktop at all!!
Vivienne04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
That makes it sound like Kobo desktop is running.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
Vivienne04
Vivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Peter - the desktop icon is still there but won't open. In control panel/programs Kobo has disappeared because I uninstalled it as per instructions on their website. I appear to be stuck in some kind of limbo
Old 08-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could you try a reboot and then the install?
Old 08-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Vivienne04

I'll give it a shot. Failing that I'll do a system restore to a couple of days ago in the hope that I'll get the original desktop back. Then try again.
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
Vivienne04

Well neither rebooting nor system restore worked. I'm still without Kobo Desktop and STILL awaiting a response from their customer contact team.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
Vivienne04

Peter, just to let you know, I have no idea how I did it but I've got it reinstalled! Partly the system restore and partly going into my C drive and opening up a file. This time the installation was able to complete. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Glad it worked Not sure what I did but.... well done