Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
Vero
Vero began at the beginning.

Question Favourite PDF solution?

What are your favourite high-quality but affordable PDF solutions?

I was one of those scoungers who looked only for the free substitutes, but I recently found http://www.amyuni.com and am totally impressed by what I got from them (bought the PDF Creator)...

Maybe I should have done this before I hunkered down and made my purchase (though I'm extremely happy with what I got -- anyone wondering where to buy should consider Amyuni), but I'm curious to know what everyone else vouches for? Pros? Cons?
Vero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:42 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I looked at the site and was surprised to see the $998 price with standard support (the lowest level possible.) I have used Adobe Acrobat since version 1 in the early 1990s and do not think that I have spent that much including the original purchase and the upgrades since then.

DeskPdf Professional from Docudesk for $29.95 provides more features than the standard Adobe Acrobat package and almost as many as the Acrobat Pro version. I use it on additional machines I have here and seldom miss a feature included in the Adobe Acrobat Pro package.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
!!! $998??? Holy smokes, that's a lot of cheese! Actually, I checked the website and saw the PDF Creator Pro was only $99 and $79 for the standard edition. Maybe you clicked the wrong link? Of course, I'll still stick with the freeware PrimoPDF for making my PDF's (don't really need all those extra features) and maybe use some *nix utility with Ubuntu if I need to get to the nitty-gritty.

Course you can't beat that $30 price tag for the package RWood recommends. Sweet!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
ath
Addict
ath doesn't litterath doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony PRS-505, Kindle Paperwhite & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel
!!! $998??? Holy smokes, that's a lot of cheese! Actually, I checked the website and saw the PDF Creator Pro was only $99 and $79 for the standard edition.
Note that that is the price is for version 2.0. The current version (3.0) is priced differently.
ath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
I looked at the site and was surprised to see the $998 price with standard support (the lowest level possible.) I have used Adobe Acrobat since version 1 in the early 1990s and do not think that I have spent that much including the original purchase and the upgrades since then.

DeskPdf Professional from Docudesk for $29.95 provides more features than the standard Adobe Acrobat package and almost as many as the Acrobat Pro version. I use it on additional machines I have here and seldom miss a feature included in the Adobe Acrobat Pro package.
used deskpdf for a while, good stuff

it makes files smaller than adobe

also used abbyy fine reader although deskpdf is easier to use
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert