Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > Kindle Books (offline)

Notices

Old 12-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #1
Stanart
Addict
Stanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the rough

Device: Handspring Visor, Sony PRS-500 Reader
Bone, Jesse F.: Jesse F. Bone Science Fiction Collection. v1. 24 Dec 2008

This is a collection containing the following:

A Question of Courage
A Prize..For Edie
Pandemic
The Lani People

The first three are short stories and the last is a novel. I wasn't able to find any biographical information about the author but he is apparently the same Jesse F. Bone who wrote a book called Animal Anatomy & Physiology and also appears as a veterinarian character in two Robert Heinlein stories - To Sail Beyond the Sunset and The Number Of The Beast.
Stanart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:54 AM   #2
Marty
Marty began at the beginning.

Device: none
The Same Jesse F Bone

This is indeed the same Jesse F Bone. He taught physiology and anatomy classes in Veterinary Science at Oregon State University and taught a class in the English Department - Science Fiction as Literature, which I was privileged to attend in 1976 or '77. His science fiction class was only available once every other year and there was a waiting list.

His thesis is on file and available at the University library, but I don't recall the title. I think it dealt with some aspect of horse physiology.

He also wrote Galactic Matador, though it may appear by a different title in different markets, and was published around 1978. He was especially pleased to have gotten cover art by Kelly Freas. Dr. Bone also wrote under a psuedonym, but I never knew what it was.
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
Stanart
Addict
Stanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the rough

Device: Handspring Visor, Sony PRS-500 Reader
Thanks for the information. There didn't seem to be anything about him on the internet.
Stanart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
mberkich
mberkich began at the beginning.

Device: None
Jesse F. Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
This is indeed the same Jesse F Bone. He taught physiology and anatomy classes in Veterinary Science at Oregon State University and taught a class in the English Department - Science Fiction as Literature, which I was privileged to attend in 1976 or '77. His science fiction class was only available once every other year and there was a waiting list.

His thesis is on file and available at the University library, but I don't recall the title. I think it dealt with some aspect of horse physiology.

He also wrote Galactic Matador, though it may appear by a different title in different markets, and was published around 1978. He was especially pleased to have gotten cover art by Kelly Freas. Dr. Bone also wrote under a psuedonym, but I never knew what it was.

The other title of Galactic Matador was Conferation Matador. My grandfather Jesse F. Bone was an OSU professor of veterinary medicine and wrote five novels and more than 40 short stories for science fiction lovers before his retirement. Jesse died a couple of years back in Arizona.
mberkich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
mberkich
mberkich began at the beginning.

Device: None
The other title of Galactic Matador was Conferation Matador. My grandfather Jesse F. Bone was an OSU professor of veterinary medicine and wrote five novels and more than 40 short stories for science fiction lovers before his retirement. Jesse died a couple of years back in Arizona.
mberkich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert