Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
odin500
odin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
Which Kobo Touch Firmware has the back button?

I have a kobo touch and am thinking of downgrading it to an earlier version. Can anyone tell me which firmwares still had the back button and shelves?

Other less important questions.
Which firmware:
has the smallest margins.
Is the most stable.
Is the Fastest.
Has pocket integration.

Appreciate any help given.

Last edited by odin500; 04-16-2014 at 05:00 PM.
odin500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #2
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by odin500 View Post
I have a kobo touch and am thinking of downgrading it to an earlier version. Can anyone tell me which firmwares still had the back button and shelves?

Other less important questions.
Which firmware:
has the smallest margins.
Is the most stable.
Is the Fastest.

Appreciate any help given.
I don't know. Dowload all firmware versions that are still available here and start downgrading your device. And work your way down firmware version wise and stop at / stick with the firmware that has that back button.

P.S. a Kobo Touch is not fast. Neither it is slow. It is only slower than many other devices as the Touch is quite old. It was on par when it was first released.

Last edited by Anak; 04-16-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
It would be easier to do a factory reset, then, install updates one by one till you find one you DON'T like, then do another factory reset and stop at the one you DID like.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
odin500
odin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
Rigmarole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
I don't know. Dowload all firmware versions that are still available here and start downgrading your device. And work your way down firmware version wise and stop at / stick with the firmware that has that back button.

P.S. a Kobo Touch is not fast. Neither it is slow. It is only slower than many other devices as the Touch is quite old. It was on par when it was first released.
I was kind of hoping someone would know then I wouldn't have to go through all the rigmarole.

If only by internet search skills didn't suck so much then I'd be able to find the post mentioning that the back button had been removed.
odin500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
The back button was removed in fw 2.3.1, and then returned again in (I think) fw 3.0.0.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
But not for the Touch.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, kobo touch