Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 01:25 AM   #1291
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I just finished Cold Days, and I thought, without being spoilery, there was no way Butcher was going to wrap up all those plot lines. But he mostly did. I really enjoyed it.

Poor Harry, his problems reached near cosmic levels in this one. I see very bad things in his future.

Edit: On to Trapped. though I'm probably making a serious "I'll just read a little bit before bed" mistake.

Last edited by carld; 11-29-2012 at 01:28 AM.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #1292
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I've read up to the end of Chapter 13 of Cold Days.

Darn work is getting in the way of my reading time.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #1293
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Almost finished and he's finally toughening up!
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #1294
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool COLD DAYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
All I can say is:
Spoiler:
“CORRECT,” Demonreach answered, “WARDEN.”

WOW!:
Spoiler:
He [Rashid] set his staff aside and gripped my upper arms with his hands. “Listen to me, because this is important.”

“Okay,” I said.

“You get used to it,” he said.

“Harry. Nothing I have to say can possibly make this task any easier for you. The only way to do it is to do it.” He lifted his chin. “You don’t need help, Warden. You are the help.”

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #1295
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm about to start reading Dead Beat.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #1296
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
O.k. So when's the next Dresden book coming out?
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #1297
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
I enjoyed Cold Days as much as any other Dresden book, if not the MOST I've enjoyed of any Dresden book. I'm almost sad that I plowed through it so fast!
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #1298
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Cold Days!

Quote:
All I can say is:
Spoiler:
“CORRECT,” Demonreach answered, “WARDEN.”

Quote:
WOW!:
Spoiler:
He [Rashid] set his staff aside and gripped my upper arms with his hands. “Listen to me, because this is important.”

“Okay,” I said.

“You get used to it,” he said.

“Harry. Nothing I have to say can possibly make this task any easier for you. The only way to do it is to do it.” He lifted his chin. “You don’t need help, Warden. You are the help.”

Spoiler:
“See?” Karrin said.

“You were right,” I [Harry] said.

She looked back up at me, her eyes twinkling. “You are so hot right now.”

Old 11-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #1299
tedpeer
Enthusiast
tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: nook, iOs
All I can say is
Spoiler:
vajazzled

oh and
Spoiler:
I’ve had sex that didn’t feel as good as Maeve’s smile.

I actually think this might have been the Dresden book I have enjoyed the most, although I might say that after each one...

Ted

Last edited by tedpeer; 11-29-2012 at 09:20 PM.
tedpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #1300
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpeer View Post
All I can say is
Spoiler:
vajazzled

I actually think this might have been the Dresden book I have enjoyed the most, although I might say that after each one...

Ted
Yeah..that one got me too. I've only had snippets of reading time yesterday and today. I don't expect to have much more tomorrow, so I'm hoping for serious, quality, reading time this weekend.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #1301
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Spoiler:
“See?” Karrin said.

“You were right,” I [Harry] said.

She looked back up at me, her eyes twinkling. “You are so hot right now.”

Spoiler:
Only because Harry said she was right. She thinks it is hot - just like that comercial on tv "nothing is hotter than a guy listening"
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:44 AM   #1302
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Cold Days!

Quote:
I started reading Cold Days earlier today and I just finished reading Chapter 14 I'm now heading for my bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
I was down with the flu yesterday, so I was able to finish the new Iron Druid book Trapped and got about 2/3 of the way through Cold Days. Really good so far although Harry seems to get smacked around a lot for someone so powerful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
It would not be Harry if he didn't get pushed around. That is what makes him so human (if only in disguise). If he was all powerful, the story would end here - Harry becomes allmighty God - what is the fun in that ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Have to say this is one of the better books in the series although I have read around 20% of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I just finished Cold Days, and I thought, without being spoilery, there was no way Butcher was going to wrap up all those plot lines. But he mostly did. I really enjoyed it.

Poor Harry, his problems reached near cosmic levels in this one. I see very bad things in his future.

Edit: On to Trapped. though I'm probably making a serious "I'll just read a little bit before bed" mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
I've read up to the end of Chapter 13 of Cold Days.

Darn work is getting in the way of my reading time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
O.k. So when's the next Dresden book coming out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoraso View Post
I enjoyed Cold Days as much as any other Dresden book, if not the MOST I've enjoyed of any Dresden book. I'm almost sad that I plowed through it so fast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpeer View Post
All I can say is
Spoiler:
vajazzled

oh and
Spoiler:
I’ve had sex that didn’t feel as good as Maeve’s smile.

Ted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Yeah..that one got me too. I've only had snippets of reading time yesterday and today. I don't expect to have much more tomorrow, so I'm hoping for serious, quality, reading time this weekend.
Zowie! What a fantastic book! And judging by the above quotes, a lot of you seem to think similarly. To me, Cold Days is the best, most exciting, most thrilling and most informative Dresden Files book so far. Also Cold Days has finally given me some insight and understanding as to just what that final Apocalyptic Trilogy that Jim promises for the finale to this series might contain.

WOW!!

Old 11-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #1303
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
This almost made me throw down my reader I was like come on not again

Spoiler:
“Is this where you tell me we need to be friends?”
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #1304
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please go to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...10108&page=984 and look at post #14749.

For those of you in the middle of a Dresden Files book/eBook, it's the last one you'll ever read. Go to the above mentioned post and you'll know why.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #1305
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please go to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...10108&page=984 and look at post #14749.

For those of you in the middle of a Dresden Files book/eBook, it's the last one you'll ever read. Go to the above mentioned post and you'll know why.
Not having a picture on the cover, or the author, or a description of the book is not going to hinder me to read the book. If I can't read the only thing that matters - the words inside the book - then maybe I start worrying.

If you expect me to not read any penguin books no more, then you are nuts.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy