Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 07-01-2007, 07:35 AM   #151
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
What am I talking about?

Well, I'm talking about "Melmoth The Wanderer," by Charles Robert Maturin, an incredible Gothic tale that mesmerized me and had me spellbound when I first studied it in a graduate course on the Gothic in Literature course a few years ago.

Don
Good choice! I'd love to read it again.
Speaking of "Gothic", it looks like Le Fanu's Carmilla hasn't been done yet. I think that will be my next project.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:43 PM   #152
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've just realised, to my surprise, that nobody's posted any P.G.Wodehouse so far - one of the greatest humourists in the English language (IMHO). I've corrected this shocking oversight by posting "Right Ho, Jeeves", and shall post more in the near future.
Thank you for these. Is there any chance of getting them all in an omnibus collection (is that a redundant phrase?)?

I can't wait to read them again. I still remember laughing so hard I cried and couldn't read the last time through.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2007, 07:22 AM   #153
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio717 View Post
Thank you for these. Is there any chance of getting them all in an omnibus collection (is that a redundant phrase?)?
I have no plans to do this for the Wodehouse.

Quote:
I can't wait to read them again. I still remember laughing so hard I cried and couldn't read the last time through.
Bear in mind that much of his most popular stuff (eg virtually all the "Jeeves and Wooster" books) are still under copyright protection. It's only his early books which I can post here, which represent a small fraction of the total.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #154
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Thanks for doing the ones that are available. Since Mr. Wodehouse lived - and wrote, I believe - into his 90s, I'll just look upon his books slowly coming out of copyright as a gift that keeps on giving.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:25 AM   #155
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm off on holiday tomorrow and plan to read the Prousts that I have done earlier, and check for typos. When I ge back I shall revise them and do some more in the series.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2007, 06:29 AM   #156
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio717 View Post
Thanks for doing the ones that are available. Since Mr. Wodehouse lived - and wrote, I believe - into his 90s, I'll just look upon his books slowly coming out of copyright as a gift that keeps on giving.
I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed . Since Mr Wodehouse died in 1975, no more of his books will enter the public domain until 70 years after his death - ie at the start of 2046. You have quite a wait ahead of you...
Old 07-09-2007, 08:10 AM   #157
aleks
Connoisseur
aleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook & Sony Reader
HarryT,

No Dr Who books? There are (at least were) several available free from BBC. Could not resist as I saw the Dalek.
aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:26 PM   #158
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleks View Post
HarryT,

No Dr Who books? There are (at least were) several available free from BBC. Could not resist as I saw the Dalek.
We have to be very careful with that kind of thing. "Freely downloadable" doesn't mean "out of copyright", and we'd need the permission of the copyright holder to repost them here. With an organisation like the BBC, the bureaucracy involved in trying to get that permission doesn't bear thinking about .
Old 07-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #159
aleks
Connoisseur

Absolutely agree, especially with the Beeb
Old 07-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #160
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Just so everyone knows that is working on Books.. Dr. Drib take notice... (What an animal that guy is, a book makin machine!) I've gathered up what I belkieve to be all of Jack Londons Klondike tales (Not counting his Klondike Novels like White Fang and so on) and am formatting and cleaning now. I don;t think I'm going to hunt for any Great Klondike pics to go with them but who knows? I might get inspired...

So Far I've located 55 Specific Klondike Stories by him.. And searching high and low on the net for any I've missed..

So far here they are. If anyone wants to try and find some more.. This is what my TOC looks like so far... And yes. Dr.. I'm going to retype the all cap titles...

A Hyperborean Brew
A Klondike Christmas
An Odyssey of the North
Bald-Face
Brown Wolf
Flush of Gold
In a Far Country
Jack London
Love of Life
Nam-Bok, the Unveracious
Pluck and Pertinacity
The King of Mazy May
The Law of Life
The League of the Old Men
The Men of Forty-Mile
The Priestly Prerogative
The Seed of McCoy
The Shadow and the Flash
The Son of the Wolf
The Story of Keesh
The Sundog Trail
The Test: A Clondyke Wooing
The Unexpected
The White Man's Way
The White Silence
The Wife of a King
The Wisdom of the Trail
To Build a Fire
To The Man On The Trail
Too Much Gold
Up The Slide
The Faith of Men
The One Thousand Dozen
THE MARRIAGE TO LIT-LIT
BÂTARD
THE STORY OF JEES UCK
The God Of His Fathers
THE GREAT INTERROGATION
WHICH MAKE MEN REMEMBER
SIWASH
THE MAN WITH THE GASH
JAN, THE UNREPENTANT
GRIT OF WOMEN
WHERE THE TRAIL FORKS
A DAUGHTER OF THE AURORA
AT THE RAINBOW'S END
THE SCORN OF WOMEN
Lost Face
Trust
That Spot
The Passing of Marcus O'Brien
The Wit of Porportuk
A DAY'S LODGING
NEGORE, THE COWARD
TWO GOLD BRICKS

Anything I'm missing?
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #161
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Roy, even without retyped titles I want to read them. This is a far larger list than I remember from years gone by.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:24 PM   #162
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Oh, by the way, I want to do The Story of My Life by Clarence Darrow. The base text is from PGA.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:45 AM   #163
aleks
Connoisseur

Roy,

Thanks for providing a consolidated list. Looks like I need to get of my lazy butt and start contributing books.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:30 AM   #164
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This looks nice a nice, fat ebook and should weigh a lot of pounds!

Seriously, this will be an incredible read!

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post

A Hyperborean Brew
A Klondike Christmas
An Odyssey of the North
Bald-Face
Brown Wolf
Flush of Gold
In a Far Country
Jack London
Love of Life
Nam-Bok, the Unveracious
Pluck and Pertinacity
The King of Mazy May
The Law of Life
The League of the Old Men
The Men of Forty-Mile
The Priestly Prerogative
The Seed of McCoy
The Shadow and the Flash
The Son of the Wolf
The Story of Keesh
The Sundog Trail
The Test: A Clondyke Wooing
The Unexpected
The White Man's Way
The White Silence
The Wife of a King
The Wisdom of the Trail
To Build a Fire
To The Man On The Trail
Too Much Gold
Up The Slide
The Faith of Men
The One Thousand Dozen
THE MARRIAGE TO LIT-LIT
BÂTARD
THE STORY OF JEES UCK
The God Of His Fathers
THE GREAT INTERROGATION
WHICH MAKE MEN REMEMBER
SIWASH
THE MAN WITH THE GASH
JAN, THE UNREPENTANT
GRIT OF WOMEN
WHERE THE TRAIL FORKS
A DAUGHTER OF THE AURORA
AT THE RAINBOW'S END
THE SCORN OF WOMEN
Lost Face
Trust
That Spot
The Passing of Marcus O'Brien
The Wit of Porportuk
A DAY'S LODGING
NEGORE, THE COWARD
TWO GOLD BRICKS

Anything I'm missing?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #165
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I am working on two ebooks right now.

The Awakening by Kate Chopin (about 85% done)

The Curious Republic of Gondour and other Whimsical Sketches by Mark Twain
This last one needs a lot of editing; the PG file has a table of contents that only mathches about half of what's actually in the file. ?!?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote