Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #556
dcamp
dcamp began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Kobo Utilities plugin - V1.7.0 - Shelf ordering

I tried the new version 1.7, but I still can not sort the shelves by order number in the series. Can you tell me the right steps to do?
Thankyou
Diego
dcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:08 PM   #557
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcamp View Post
I tried the new version 1.7, but I still can not sort the shelves by order number in the series. Can you tell me the right steps to do?
There is a description in the help (press the link in the top right corner of the screen). Or you can see the original post that describes it.

But, what firmware version are you using? As commented several times in the recent posts discussing this, the "Date added" sort is broken in the last few firmware releases.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #558
dcamp
dcamp began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is a description in the help (press the link in the top right corner of the screen). Or you can see the original post that describes it.

But, what firmware version are you using? As commented several times in the recent posts discussing this, the "Date added" sort is broken in the last few firmware releases.
I use the 3.3.1 firmware version.
dcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #559
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
And as was said above the last sort does not work in 3.3.1
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:50 AM   #560
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Just a report:
After a sync appeared again the "recommendations" tile that I wished to dismiss. So, I used the formidable plugin and checked the respective box in the "dismiss" area, and then the "change database trigger" option.

Well, the tile had vanished as I wished, but at the same time - miracle - appeared the library tile, including all the books that I've stored on the SD card. It has been a problem since the last two or three firmware updates (actual: 3.3.1) that at a new start of the device the SD card would be ignored. So I was happy with this effect, however doubting if it would be constant.

But, when I opened my currently read book (stored on the main memory) and turned the page, the book was closed and the device returned to the start menue. This happened various times, however not at every page turn. So, the advantage of showing the SD library (what had - with the newer firmwares - never happened at booting the device) coincides with the collapse issue of the read book. Pitty.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2014, 08:36 AM   #561
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Just a report:
After a sync appeared again the "recommendations" tile that I wished to dismiss. So, I used the formidable plugin and checked the respective box in the "dismiss" area, and then the "change database trigger" option.

Well, the tile had vanished as I wished, but at the same time - miracle - appeared the library tile, including all the books that I've stored on the SD card. It has been a problem since the last two or three firmware updates (actual: 3.3.1) that at a new start of the device the SD card would be ignored. So I was happy with this effect, however doubting if it would be constant.
Same here. I expect that when you power off and on, the card won't be read. So long as you just let it sleep, it will be OK.
Quote:
But, when I opened my currently read book (stored on the main memory) and turned the page, the book was closed and the device returned to the start menue. This happened various times, however not at every page turn. So, the advantage of showing the SD library (what had - with the newer firmwares - never happened at booting the device) coincides with the collapse issue of the read book. Pitty.
That's been fixed. I think it is in 3.4.1.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:23 AM   #562
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I think teh plugin is up to date here, and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's been fixed. I think it is in 3.4.1.
Are you talking of the Kobo firmware? The actual one for the Touch is 3.3.1 - afaik.

When I switched on my reader yesterday evening (before the worldcup game), all had returned to the "normal" behaviour, i. e. tiles dismissed, but no SD card library, stable page turn instead. So, only an episode.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:55 AM   #563
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I think teh plugin is up to date here, and:

Are you talking of the Kobo firmware? The actual one for the Touch is 3.3.1 - afaik.
FW3.4.1 has been released for the Mini. It is safe to install on the other devices if you want. Exactly what you do depends on which version of the Touch you have.
Quote:
When I switched on my reader yesterday evening (before the worldcup game), all had returned to the "normal" behaviour, i. e. tiles dismissed, but no SD card library, stable page turn instead. So, only an episode.
Both of which had the expected results
Old 07-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #564
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to Kobo Utilities plugin - V1.7.1 - Bug fix for metadata update

I have just updated the plugin to fix a problem with the metadata update. If the plugboard options were used and the series index was being updated, there would be an error. This update will fix this.

calibre will notify you of the update in the next hour or so. And any comments, suggestions and bug reports are welcome.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #565
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta for calibre change to Qt5

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.

As a bonus, I have also attached a metadata source plugin for the Kobo books shop. I have been testing this for a couple of weeks and would like some opinions on it. It doesn't do covers, but should do everything else.

Edit: The configuration dialog was broken in the Qt4 version of calibre. Fixed that plus gave this version of the plugin version number 1.201.0 to match the beta version of calibre.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-qt5.zip (161.6 KB, 319 views)
File Type: zip KoboBooks.zip (6.8 KB, 313 views)

Last edited by davidfor; 07-12-2014 at 09:09 PM. Reason: New version of Kobo utilities.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:15 PM   #566
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
My testing of the metadata plugin has shown no issues so far
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #567
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@davidfor,

I finally realised I can run production and beta calibre side-by-side on Windows. I thought you might like to know that I get this error if I select the 'Customize plugin' option of Kobo Utils (qt5-modded) in calibre 1.44. The error is not present in calibre beta 1.201.2:
Code:
calibre, version 1.44.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NameError</b>:global name 'QVBoxLayout' is not defined

calibre 1.44 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 606, in show_configuration
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 150, in do_user_config
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.__init__", line 61, in config_widget
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 297, in __init__
NameError: global name 'QVBoxLayout' is not defined
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #568
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@davidfor,

I finally realised I can run production and beta calibre side-by-side on Windows. I thought you might like to know that I get this error if I select the 'Customize plugin' option of Kobo Utils (qt5-modded) in calibre 1.44. The error is not present in calibre beta 1.201.2:
Code:
calibre, version 1.44.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NameError</b>:global name 'QVBoxLayout' is not defined

calibre 1.44 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 606, in show_configuration
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 150, in do_user_config
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.__init__", line 61, in config_widget
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 297, in __init__
NameError: global name 'QVBoxLayout' is not defined
Whoops. I decided to do some cleanup of the imports. Looks like I did a little to much. I have updated the version attached to the post above. I have also given it version 1.201.0 to distinguish it and match the calibre beta version.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:09 PM   #569
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta version 1.201.1

Over in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242683, someone has found a bug in the "Fix duplicate shelves" function. This is happening because the shelf/collection names is null in the database. I have no idea how that could happen, but it was causing a problem in the plugin. I have made a change to put display "(Unnamed shelf)" as the shelf name in this case.

I am still posting this as a test version. It uses the changes for the Qt5 beta versions of calibre, but will work with the released versions. The only change from the last beta version is to handle the above error. I will probably be releasing this early next week.

Last edited by davidfor; 10-05-2014 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:02 AM   #570
jbaumann
Zealot
jbaumann began at the beginning.

Device: Multiple Kobos, multiple Kindles
Hi David,

thanks again for the hard work with the plug-in.

Two minor questions, that might be of interest for others as well ...

Do the shelves work with the firmware version 3.5.0 again i.e., is it safe to update from 3.1.1, or is it better to stay with that firmware version?

The plug-in allows to substitute some general css for every book (has been discussed for orphans and widows). Is there a step-by-step instruction somewhere that can be used?

Cheers, Joe
jbaumann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities