Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #1276
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Guess what was waiting for me on my Kindle this AM!

I hope I get an Amazon or Kobo gift card this christmas, then I can get it. I just can't spend that kind of money. I hope you all enjoy it though
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #1277
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I hope I get an Amazon or Kobo gift card this christmas, then I can get it. I just can't spend that kind of money. I hope you all enjoy it though
Understandable. I hope you get your Christmas wish.

Thank you. I hope I enjoy it too..LOL. I'm sure I will.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #1278
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Cold Days is here!

Quoted from jim-butcher.com.
Quote:
Cold Open

Nov 27, 2012

Cold Days is here!

Grab a copy from your favorite local independent bookstore, the Jim-Butcher.com store, or–if you’re lucky enough to live in the Seattle, L.A., Chicago, or Kansas City areas–one of Jim’s signing tour stops! If you don’t, don’t forget about this list of bookstores receiving pre-signed copies of the book.

At 3pm EST, be sure to tune into Jim’s University Bookstore Livestream Event–live from Seattle! The Seattle signing event will take place later that evening, at 7pm at the University Temple United Methodist Church.

You can also check out the latest “Jim Butcher’s Prime Cuts” clip, in which Jim answers the question, “What Dresden Files character would you least like to run into in a dark alley?”

A Reminder: Please, be courteous to your fellow fans! When discussing the book on the forum, please observe the rules on spoilery content. This book packs quite a wallop, and we don’t want anyone getting spoiled by accident.
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #1279
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Nice clipping, Alan. I certainly don't need to look elsewhere - good I got a subscription to this thread. Something important happens with Harry Dresden, it sure as heck will show up here.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #1280
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Nice clipping, Alan. I certainly don't need to look elsewhere - good I got a subscription to this thread. Something important happens with Harry Dresden, it sure as heck will show up here.
I appreciate your appreciation.

Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 02:05 AM   #1281
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Cold Days, the 14th book in The Dresden Files!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
...I finished re-reading Ghost Story yesterday, which completes my preparation for the release of Cold Days.

I started reading Cold Days earlier today and I just finished reading Chapter 14 I'm now heading for my bed!

Old 11-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #1282
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I was down with the flu yesterday, so I was able to finish the new Iron Druid book Trapped and got about 2/3 of the way through Cold Days. Really good so far although Harry seems to get smacked around a lot for someone so powerful.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #1283
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
I was down with the flu yesterday, so I was able to finish the new Iron Druid book Trapped and got about 2/3 of the way through Cold Days. Really good so far although Harry seems to get smacked around a lot for someone so powerful.
It would not be Harry if he didn't get pushed around. That is what makes him so human (if only in disguise). If he was all powerful, the story would end here - Harry becomes allmighty God - what is the fun in that ...
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #1284
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Cold Days

Quote:
I started reading Cold Days earlier today and I just finished reading Chapter 14 I'm now heading for my bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
It would not be Harry if he didn't get pushed around. That is what makes him so human (if only in disguise). If he was all powerful, the story would end here - Harry becomes allmighty God - what is the fun in that ...
All I can say is:
Spoiler:
“CORRECT,” Demonreach answered, “WARDEN.”

Old 11-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #1285
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I just recieved an email from Dog Eared Books that my singed copy of Cold Days is on its way!

Last edited by Joy736; 11-28-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #1286
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool a photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
I just recieved an email from Dog Eared Books that my singed copy of Cold Days is on its way!
Cool, post us a photo, Okay?!

Old 11-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #1287
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Cool, post us a photo, Okay?!

I will, promise
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #1288
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
Got it, but not reading yet. I've got a long flight on Monday and I'm saving it for that.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #1289
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricorn View Post
Got it, but not reading yet. I've got a long flight on Monday and I'm saving it for that.
Safe travels & Happy reading!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #1290
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Have to say this is one of the better books in the series although I have read around 20% of it.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy