Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #1186
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
So I converted the book with Calibre finally. The book went from AZW3 to Mobi perfectly and it looks like it's supposed to No tiny font, and it's much clearer...to my eyes anyway.
I'm glad to hear that my 'informed guesses' were correct and happy that my suggested solution turned out to be successful for you!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #1187
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I'm glad to hear that my 'informed guesses' were correct and happy that my suggested solution turned out to be successful for you!

Thank you for that! I guess I'll have to do that will any new books I buy from now on ....is it November 27th yet?
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #1188
DHNightshadow
Zealot
DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyager
So I am up to book eleven. Did read small favors this week, and the short storys in side stories. Look out for Turn coat.
Don't like Murphy much. I think, I have a problem with her attitude. How she is around Dresden and other people, maybe she is too mortal and cop for my taste.
DHNightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #1189
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHNightshadow View Post
So I am up to book eleven. Did read small favors this week, and the short storys in side stories. Look out for Turn coat.
Don't like Murphy much. I think, I have a problem with her attitude. How she is around Dresden and other people, maybe she is too mortal and cop for my taste.
I felt vaguely offended and inclined to defend Murphy based on this comment--now that's a sign of good characterization
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #1190
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHNightshadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I felt vaguely offended and inclined to defend Murphy based on this comment--now that's a sign of good characterization
Yeah, me too! Right, real good characterization!

Last edited by alansplace; 11-09-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: oops!
Old 11-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #1191
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I was pissed after changes and almost didn't read ghost story. So glad i did, and cannot wait for the next.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #1192
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I read Side Jobs alongside the series and Aftermath was my favorite.

What I really want, though, is a Side-Jobs-sized volume of nothing but more Bigfoot cases. I love River.
As did I.

Ditto to more Bigfoot cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I've just finished re-reading Changes and then after that the novella, Aftermath. Aftermath is a bridge between Changes and Ghost Story It is the last story in Side Jobs. These re-reads were quite exciting and I've thoroughly enjoyed re-reading them. So now I've just started my re-read of Ghost Story which I'm looking forward to a lot!

Also I've now read the fist two chapters of Cold Days.

I finished re-reading Ghost Story yesterday, which completes my preparation for the release of Cold Days.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #1193
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I haven't read the new bigfoot stories. I keep meaning to check for the anthologies at my library but forget about them when the time comes!
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #1194
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
I was pissed after changes and almost didn't read ghost story. So glad i did, and cannot wait for the next.
Reminds my of this comic Strip.
And I can understand you, that ending wasn't very satisfying.
And it gets even worse once you now how it came to that.
Spoiler:
Harry you Jerk, how could you do that to Molly!
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #1195
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
Reminds my of this comic Strip.
And I can understand you, that ending wasn't very satisfying.
And it gets even worse once you now how it came to that.
Spoiler:
Harry you Jerk, how could you do that to Molly!
I agree, I was not expecting that at all! I'm so glad I read Ghost Story and will definitely read it again when I re-read the series....for the 4th time
Old 11-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #1196
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Made the plunge and bought Ghost Story this morning

Anyone else's Kindle version have really small text? I've never had a book with such small text before. Even stranger is that since I updated my Kindle the text became really black and now it's kind of grey.
I've noticed that some ePub use small as the base font size. And given that most AZW3 files are originally ePub, any issues like small as the font size will be carried over. This is why I go through the ePub on the computer first and fix anything that needs fixing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:52 AM   #1197
DHNightshadow
Zealot
DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyager
So, I am now on Changes. I like for the moment Turn Coat best. It was a great read. I have a love all the time Harry comes home and find a suprise. This was very great.
It is sad, only two books and Cold Days.

How are the fury of Calderon series? Anyone read them?
DHNightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #1198
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
I started with Death Masks a little bit ago, but have to catch up on this thread a bit more - made it to page 26/80 last night. If I am caught up I will post some thoughts about Harry.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #1199
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Two more weeks until Cold Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #1200
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've noticed that some ePub use small as the base font size. And given that most AZW3 files are originally ePub, any issues like small as the font size will be carried over. This is why I go through the ePub on the computer first and fix anything that needs fixing.
I wasn't sure what to look for so I just stripped the DRM and converted to MOBI as per Alan's suggestion...and it worked like a charm

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy