Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's always possible that it has slightly different packages for US/European release, of course. That would make sense, if everything in the package is in the public domain.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #17
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
still a ripoff though as a flashcart for the nintendo ds is less than 10 bucks, and you could load thousands of txt files on that and use

holly crap a huge wasp just flew into my room. i ran and got a pan and kicked him out, flew right out the window luckly. HUGE, the size of my thumb.

anyway. ds flashcarts are cheap, and there is tons of DS homebrew, they arent just for playing pirated games
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #18
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Challenge: somebody write a download script that would enable a user to (legally) download every single item associated with the Nintendo DS 100 Classic Book collection in a specific format (whether it be epub, LRF or Mobi format).
The list of e-books is here http://games.on.net/article/4607/Nin..._100_classics/
Remember: the goal here is to make it easy for the user to get the full e-book collection in one go.. legally. So I'm referring to Mobileread or PG replacements for every item (preferably not omnibuses).
First person to come up with a decent script gets my gratitude
Okay once you have these ePUB/LRF/MOBI books downloaded how do you read them on the Nintendo DS. (Note I already have the SD adapter, I just don't know what format the DS expect the files in.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #19
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

if you have a DS flash cart. just put .txt files in the root directory or in a folder, asuming that the loader uses Moonshell, just browse for the txt file. and click and it will open it.

or look for one of the homebrew ebook readers.

or if get a stand alone version of moonshell if the loader isnt already based on it
Old 04-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #20
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
What text encoding is best for Nintendo DS?
Does any of the homebrew ebook software support epub or mobi?
What encouragement do I need to make a text downloading script?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #21
Andybaby
Wizard

i dont know, ive never really been in the DS scene, but i will lean towards no, most of them are Text readers. HTML might be supported in some though, possibly rtf. but it would require checking. QJ.Net is a good site for homebrew news for any system.

Im pretty sure that they prefer unicode, but im not 100% positive anymore. been a while since i tried to read a txt file on a psp or a ds.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:09 PM   #22
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
if you have a DS flash cart. just put .txt files in the root directory or in a folder, asuming that the loader uses Moonshell, just browse for the txt file. and click and it will open it.

or look for one of the homebrew ebook readers.

or if get a stand alone version of moonshell if the loader isnt already based on it
Do I need to install Moonshell?

=X=
Old 04-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #23
Andybaby
Wizard

like i said, Most flash cards software are based on moonshell, and you can browse files directly on the card and go open a txt file.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #24
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
like i said, Most flash cards software are based on moonshell, and you can browse files directly on the card and go open a txt file.
Okay well that explains why I could never get it to work. I have a R4 and it came empty with it was an adapter with a Mini SD slot.

=X=
Old 05-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #25
=X=
Wizard

Okay I did have to install moonshell. I found it at the R4DS web site.

Everything is working now
=X=
Old 05-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #26
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Okay I did have to install moonshell. I found it at the R4DS web site.

Everything is working now
=X=
That's my setup!

Did you ever notice our Nintendo DS wiki?
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:45 AM   #27
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
That's my setup!

Did you ever notice our Nintendo DS wiki?
Oh NOW you tell me. Thanks I had forgotten all about it.

Did you get ReadMore to work. I've downloaded it and installed it, now if I can only load a book on the app that would be gravy.

=X=
Old 05-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #28
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Oh NOW you tell me. Thanks I had forgotten all about it.

Did you get ReadMore to work. I've downloaded it and installed it, now if I can only load a book on the app that would be gravy.

=X=
It works for me. I place it in the root directory and just start it like any game.

After it starts and you see the intro page, hold it like a two-page book and you will notice a little striped rectangle in the bottom right corner.

Tap it and you will be able to Load File or Change Font. Also there on that menu are Bookmarks and Help.

I just load a Moon Books text file and wait about a minute for it to load for large books. Then I change the font to be Bitstream Vera Sans 8pt. This usually allows the hard lines breaks to properly fit on the screen. Oh, yeah, Re-paginating takes a bit too.

Not too enjoyable, but a nice proof of concept!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #29
=X=
Wizard

Oh I need moonbooks. When the web page said it only read text files, I assumed that any old text file would work.

Is there a way to create moonbooks?

BTW none of the moonbook links work for me, the site does not seem to exist anymore.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #30
Andybaby
Wizard

there are a few types of TXT files.
ANSII and UNICODE and UTF-8

i cant remember which one the txt readers like better. so open the txt file in notepad and save as 3 versions, one with each and see what works best.