Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #76
Pollik
Pollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
The Kindle is an Ebook-Reader, not a library. What the hell are you doing with 3000 books? Reading all? I don´t think so.
I guess if it wasn't meant to handle that number of books, they would have saved money on the memory, no?

Reading all? No. Dipping into many? Yes. Do I know which ones, yet? No.
Pollik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:28 AM   #77
baccilus
Enthusiast
baccilus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
You can never dip into that many books. It will take you about 20 years to read so many books. Stop wasting your time. Use calibre for sorting out the books and let them stay on your computers. Only put the ones you are going to read in your Kindle.
baccilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #78
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phili View Post
The Kindle is an Ebook-Reader, not a library. What the hell are you doing with 3000 books? Reading all? I don´t think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baccilus View Post
You can never dip into that many books. It will take you about 20 years to read so many books. Stop wasting your time. Use calibre for sorting out the books and let them stay on your computers. Only put the ones you are going to read in your Kindle.
I'm surprised by the vehement response to Polik's post.

I don't have 3000 ebooks but I do have all 800+ of my not-yet-read books on my Kinde. Doing so allows me to read whatever I want whenever I want, as my Kindle is always with me.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #79
Shanael
Shanael began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccilus View Post

If they want to put that many books on their kindle, what concern is it of yours? "Wasting time" is obviously not an issue to them, so stop attempting to dictate how one wishes to use THEIR Kindle/Calibre/time.

It's also not impossible to dip into that many books. Many are avid readers, many are fast readers. And who cares how long it'll take to read them, anyway? Just another issue that doesn't concern you.
Shanael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:29 AM   #80
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanael View Post
If they want to put that many books on their kindle, what concern is it of yours? "Wasting time" is obviously not an issue to them, so stop attempting to dictate how one wishes to use THEIR Kindle/Calibre/time.

It's also not impossible to dip into that many books. Many are avid readers, many are fast readers. And who cares how long it'll take to read them, anyway? Just another issue that doesn't concern you.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #81
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:

My wife and daughter fly through books.

I was actually surprised to see how quickly
my daughter can read through a book.
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #82
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
Well, I have 3214 books on my Kindle 3, and I read a book a day, everyday, plus I spend untold hours on WOW, and DVD movies. Just because you have to sound out each word to be able to read it, doesn't mean everyone does. I have all my favorite authors and their books on my Kindle, sometimes I will be reading several books at the same time, bouncing between them.

I know I am putting my nose in others business, but they started it.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #83
KindleLinks
KindleLinks began at the beginning.

Has anyone noticed this thread is titled "Links Every Kindle Owner Should Have"?

Why is everyone now talking about how many books are on their Kindle, or indexing, or whatever else pops into their heads at the moment?

Start your own thread, and leave this one for actual links every Kindle owner should have!

KindleLinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #84
Lizzie in Ma
Connoisseur
Lizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to all

Device: Nook, Kindle 3, Vizio 8" tablet runn and Samsung Galaxy running Aldiko
Quote:

Indeed. I keep large collections of favorites to read at a whim on mine.
Lizzie in Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #85
coolnut_suji
coolnut_suji began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle 3
NEED MEDICAL BOOKS

could u guys plz gimme links to sites whr i can find medical books free for my kindle 3?
thanku
coolnut_suji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #86
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quick Readable US Weather Forecasts

I posted something on this order last year, but it didn't have the large-font hook. It is only tested on the K3.

1. Navigate to mobile.weather.gov via readingthenet.com by entering this url:

tinyurl.com/3uyppdk

2. Enter your zip code in the first entry block and click on Go.

3. Navigate down to, and click on:

Detailed 7-day Forecast

The rest is for the benefit of newbies:

4. When the forecast is returned, press Menu and then save with "Bookmark this Page."

5. To give a clearly understandable bookmark name, press Menu again to go to Bookmarks.

6. To get to your new bookmark, you may have to go down one page, as in a book.

7. When your new and ill-named bookmark is underlined, press the right side of the five-way.

8. Press the center of the five-way and type in "My Home Town Weather" or similar.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #87
Green-Eyed Lady
Green-Eyed Lady began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
I posted something on this order last year, but it didn't have the large-font hook. It is only tested on the K3.

tinyurl.com/3uyppdk

Detailed 7-day Forecast

This is GREAT! Thanks for sharing!
Green-Eyed Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #88
ovaldisk
Connoisseur
ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post

[Shortened URL deleted - MODERATOR]

Detailed 7-day Forecast

The rest is for the benefit of newbies:

4. When the forecast is returned, press Menu and then save with "Bookmark this Page."

5. To give a clearly understandable bookmark name, press Menu again to go to Bookmarks.

6. To get to your new bookmark, you may have to go down one page, as in a book.

7. When your new and ill-named bookmark is underlined, press the right side of the five-way.

8. Press the center of the five-way and type in "My Home Town Weather" or similar.
nice tip! I just found out tomorrow will be another 100-degree day.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-09-2014 at 07:44 AM.
ovaldisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:21 AM   #89
akajain
akajain began at the beginning.

Thanks

Thanks everyone who put so much effort for good work.
akajain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #90
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
I have started to collect links on this thread (and some other) on a html file : [Shortened URL deleted - MODERATOR] since it is not easy to find on this thread. Maybe they would be collected on the first post, too?
I assigned a shortcut for this page like this:
Code:
 H H = # 'k3_Home' 'Del' "http://tinyurl.com/linkler" 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'k3_FW_Press'

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-09-2014 at 07:36 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote