Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
mapline
Enthusiast
mapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kobo Touch
Sqlite database clean up

Hi
My Sqlite database has many books in it that I have never loaded.
Can I clean it up (if so how) or are they there for a purpose?
mapline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Check to see if they are actually books, or if they are the recommendations etc. See if there is a match between the things you are seeing in the sqlite file and the marketing pieces Kobo loads in. I would just ignore them unless they really are books.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You can, but personally I wouldn't. If you make a mistake and leave the database in an inconsistent state, it might cause problems.

If you want to continue, as taming said, the "extra" books in the database are probably the listings for the previews. In the "content" table, have a look at the "IsDownloaded" column. From what I can see:

- "false" means book hasn't been put on the KT. These are appearing in the "Reccommended" section.
- "1" or "true" means there is a book on the device.
- All the sideloaded books appear to be "true"
- "1" is used for the chapter entries
- If a kepub has 1 it appear to be preview that is on the device
- If a kepub has "true", it appear to be a book that I bought.

The above is from the 2.0.2 firmware. But, I don't think this has changed from previous versions.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote