Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Looks nice with the same material as my old Case logic. It looks like it is big enough to hold the Nexus 7.2 while it has a slim case on. I used my Case Logic to carry my Fire HD in luggage last year when I flew to Washington, DC. It worked well and protected the device. I'm using it again this week when I again fly to Washington, DC for Thanksgiving with family.
I will know on Tuesday. I paid for one day shipping to make sure it got here in time. If it doen't fit the case it's easy enough to remove it and put it in a zippy to take.

So I am taking Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 (Got a really good hard case for it) and my Kindle Keyboard with the Lighted Case (It's super protected) I am ready for those family fights! I can just hide in the bedroom and read.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #32
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just bought it so there is no need for a replacement. It's the latest version. I also bought it from a unauthorized seller due to the way Amazon works. If one seller sells out they use another one without you knowing.
That is the same Poetic Slimline I just got and it works well with the on/off feature. They must have improved them if the earlier ones didn't work.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #33
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
I just bought it so there is no need for a replacement. It's the latest version. I also bought it from a unauthorized seller due to the way Amazon works. If one seller sells out they use another one without you knowing.
Not my favorite aspect of Amazon's customer service and worthy of a complaint if one was careful to choose an authorized dealer. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-24-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #34
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
I will know on Tuesday. I paid for one day shipping to make sure it got here in time. If it doen't fit the case it's easy enough to remove it and put it in a zippy to take.

So I am taking Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 (Got a really good hard case for it) and my Kindle Keyboard with the Lighted Case (It's super protected) I am ready for those family fights! I can just hide in the bedroom and read.
I hope it does! Yep, I'm flying to DC on Tuesday so I'll take the Nexus 7.2 and my iPhone of course. Traveling light though, i don't like to check bags so just taking carry a on bag. I just hope the weather is nice so I can go to the Washington Mall area and check out the monuments again. So peaceful their. If WX is bad will probably check out the Smithsonian museums.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
That is the same Poetic Slimline I just got and it works well with the on/off feature. They must have improved them if the earlier ones didn't work.
It seems to be working better now I have Kit Kat but for now the case works good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Not my favorite aspect of Amazon's customer service and worthy of a complaint if one was careful to choose an authorized dealer. Thanks for pointing that out.
Yeah I didn't even notice it till I was looking up the warranty.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #36
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
It seems to be working better now I have Kit Kat but for now the case works good enough.
I'm still waiting for KitKat and getting frustrated about the delay.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I'm still waiting for KitKat and getting frustrated about the delay.
Which Nexus do you have?
Old 11-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #38
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Google's 2013 Wi-Fi or 7.2 as some call it.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Google's 2013 Wi-Fi or 7.2 as some call it.
Did you check to see if it's under system update? I did that with Jelly Bean but KitKat was an auto install for me.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #40
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Did you check to see if it's under system update? I did that with Jelly Bean but KitKat was an auto install for me.
Oh I check it a couple of times a day. I'm just going to sideload it myself.

This is my first Nexus device and I bought it because I expected the timely updates. So far not so good thought I do love the Nexus 7. I may have to rethink my plans to get a Nexus phone.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #41
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Oh I check it a couple of times a day. I'm just going to sideload it myself.

This is my first Nexus device and I bought it because I expected the timely updates. So far not so good thought I do love the Nexus 7. I may have to rethink my plans to get a Nexus phone.
I got mine immediately when it was OTA. Not sure why you haven't.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #42
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
If you've been hankering for a tempered glass screen protector for your N7.2, then you might want to click on this link.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #43
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
I got mine immediately when it was OTA. Not sure why you haven't.
A funny thing happened on my way to KitKat. As I said, I decided not to wait and side loaded KitKat and the Google Experience Launcher. I had everything installed and had been playing with it for about 10 mins when I got a notification that my Nexus 7 wanted to install KitKat 4.4 (I guess it had downloaded in the background while I was playing around even though I checked again before side loading). So now the official OTA version is installing.

Go figure.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #44
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I bought a Cushcase for my Nexus 7.2 (Cushcase - Amazon UK), £9.99 for a canvas slip case lined with fleece.

It's a nice snug fit.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #45
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I just ordered this Hard Sleeve for the trip. Had to pay for 1 day shipping which was 3.99 with Prime but not bad. I hope it works!
UPS just delivered it and it's a really nice hard sleeve well worth the price. No problems with fitting the Nexus 7.2 in it with the slimline case on. It has straps that secure it in place. There is some give on the outside meaning I wouldn't put a heavy book on top of it but I have no problems putting this in my purse. It's provides very good protection. There is a netted pocket on inside the case. You could use it for cleaning cloth or extra cash....maybe earbuds. I wouldn't use it for anything that could put pressure on the screen in case something did get put on top the case by accident like a 12 pound cat.

The only thing is the straps are fasten together with Velcro so after time that more than likely could loose it strength to stay fasten but it fits in pretty snugly I'm not too worried about it. The straps are just added protection.

Now I must get back to reading Takedown Twenty!