Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #46
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
It's pretty safe to assume, if the freebie site isn't specified, it's for Kindle.
It is, if you've been to these monthly threads before and know that they are very Kindle-centric.

I agree with the other posters, telling us which store the freebie strikes me as a reasonable request. If we're going to make this a thread for free and bargain romances from anywhere, surely it will be easier for people who own only one or two eReaders if those of us who own multiple devices show them the simple courtesy of letting them know if it's worth their while to click on a link or not?
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #47
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Most of these links do say Amazon US or UK... were there perhaps one or two that did not indicate as such?
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #48
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Most of these links do say Amazon US or UK... were there perhaps one or two that did not indicate as such?
I wouldn't worry about it. It's the same poster from last month who posted nearly the same thing. We all explained again the same thing we explained last time.

This is a free service provided by people who are sharing books they themselves are interested in. I'm not going to go to B&N, Smashwords, Sony or Kobo each time I post a book. I don't have time. How hard is it to check your preferred estore yourself? It isn't and you can even post a link or just a note where else it is free. I will sometimes post links to other stores if I do have time or the book is only at a non Kindle store.

Most of the freebies I post are KDP Select so I know it's only going to be free at Amazon.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-03-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #49
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm not going to go to B&N, Smashwords, Sony or Kobo each time I post a book. I don't have time. How hard is it to check your preferred estore yourself?
It's not. I'm just asking you to tell me which of those places your link goes to. That way, if a long list of links are all KDP books that won't be free to me, I can save myself what in the end adds up to a lot of time, by not clicking on them.

I'm not saying you have to do this, of course, only that I doubt I'm the only one who would appreciate knowing which eBook store a link in this thread goes to without having to open it first.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
It's not. I'm just asking you to tell me which of those places your link goes to. that way, if the 10 you post in a row are all KDP books that won't be free to me, I can save myself what in the end adds up to a lot of time, by not clicking on them.

I'm not saying you have to do this, only that I doubt I'm the only one who would appreciate knowing which eBook store a link in this thread goes to without having to open it first.
I understand. This is why I have said in this thread and the last month's thread, If a link I post does not say what store it is from then it's Amazon U.S. Think of it as a default for me.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #51
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I understand. This is why I have said in this thread and the last month's thread, If a link I post does not say what store it is from then it's Amazon U.S. Think of it as a default for me.
I must have missed that earlier. My mistake.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #52
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I must have missed that earlier. My mistake.
No worries.

Just for clarification these posts below are a reply to petercreasey who maybe didn't see the reply or I don't know...forgot.

Last Month's

This Month's

I just PMed Britomart and asked her to add it to the first post.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #53
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Depending on your browser if you hover your cursor over the link without clicking you should see the URL. I use Chrome and in that browser the actual URL shows up at the bottom of the window.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #54
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Depending on your browser if you hover your cursor over the link without clicking you should see the URL. I use Chrome and in that browser the actual URL shows up at the bottom of the window.
That's what I do to. I use Firefox and Chrome both show links when hovered upon.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #55
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
I wasn't necessarily requesting the links. I was just asking that people stipulate the source so that we non-Kindle folks can have an inkling if something might be available elsewhere. If it's just Kindle, then type Kindle at the front of the posting so we won't get our hopes up.

ATDrake and others do a nice job of indicating when books are available elsewhere besides Kindle.

No complaints! All efforts are DEFINITELY appreciated.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #56
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Marked down to $1.99: Guilty Pleasures (Avon Romantic Treasure) HarperCollins e-books (July 8, 2008) by Laura Lee Guhrke @ Amazon

One of Daphne Wade's guilty pleasures is to watch the Duke of Tremore as he works, shirtless, on the excavation site of his ducal estate. Anthony Courtland is by far the most exciting and handsome man she has ever known, and she dreams of one day being able to speak with him without getting tongue tied.

Anthony, meanwhile, only sees Daphne as a hard worker on his excavation team. He considers her a plain young lady and says so in a careless remark to a friend, unaware that Daphne is outside the library door, her heart shattering to pieces. So Daphne decides she will not be so silly any longer. She begins to be tutored in the social graces, forcing Anthony to see the beauty who has been right in front of his eyes.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #57
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Looks like we are hunting the same thing!
Looks like Pleasures is Avon Romance's keyword for this month.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-03-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #58
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I'm not a big regency fan as I've said before, but a friend loaned me a Laura Lee Guhrke title (I can't remember now what it was LOL) and I liked it!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #59
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

$1.99 Avon Pleasures Keyword Sale

Note: All Are Agency Books

Note: I recommend grabbing The Perils of Pleasure by Julie Anne Long. This is book one of Pennyroyal Green Series. I am slowly collecting the series because I am told it is awesome.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-03-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #60
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I'm not a big regency fan as I've said before, but a friend loaned me a Laura Lee Guhrke title (I can't remember now what it was LOL) and I liked it!
She's awesome! She's an auto buy for me.
Her Abandoned at the Altar series is really good.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-03-2012 at 08:52 PM.