Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #31
Thomasss
Thomasss began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
Just another reason not to buy from them. Hopefully other shops will carry it soon.
They changed it already. My friend bought one from them and he said that he likes the product. So I should give it a chance!
Thomasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #32
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Good that it has been adapted. However the introduction still says:
Quote:
The Onyx Boox 60 S is available at an affordable price! The only difference compared to the Boox 60 is that the Boox 60 S doesn't has Wi-Fi, which saves you 90 euro! So if you don’t need Wi-Fi, the Boox 60 S is perfect for you!
(Emphasis by me)
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #33
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Another place to buy the Onyx Boox 60 in Europe...

Not sure if this has been mentioned already in another part of the forum, but you can also buy the Onyx Boox 60 here:

Dutch store (LibrisNova):
http://www.elektronischlezen.nl/Webw...ox-6-inch.html

German store (Elektronischlezen.de):
http://www.elektronischlesen.de/Webw...Onyx-Boox.html

Because of the need to pre-order, both pages are are offering a further €10 discount - see there home pages for info:

http://www.elektronischlezen.nl/ = Booxpreorder
http://www.elektronischlesen.de/ = preorderBoox

Note: I could not get the German code to work, but the Dutch one works fine, so if you're anywhere in Europe other than Germany, you can use it! I tried various combinations on the German site but none worked, so I dropped them a quick note - I hope they fix the problem.

Basically, you enter the discount code in your cart at checkout:

Dutch page: "Actie- of kortingsbon" box, enter the code in the box marked "Uw actie- of kortingsbon" and click "Voeg toe"

German page: "Gutschein" box, enter the code in the box marked "Ihr Diskontcode" and click "Fuge zu"

I would like to get the BeBook Neo, which is also offered at €299 pre-order, as it will have the very cool BeBook logo! But it seems to have no cover, so I have e-mailed that query to them...

If that is confirmed I am seriously leaning towards getting the Onyx Boox 60 from http://www.elektronischlezen.nl/ with the extra €10 discount plus a cover!

Then I'll just load up the Neo firmware if it turns out to have advantages over the Onyx version (like the BeBook online buying function - but I'll wait for the foirmware to see if it really has some benefits!
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #34
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

The Bebook Neo is also for €279 preorder plus shipping on http://e-readerweb.nl/ but the site is only in Dutch and I think only shipped in the Netherlands.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #35
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
The Bebook Neo is also for €279 preorder plus shipping on http://e-readerweb.nl/ but the site is only in Dutch and I think only shipped in the Netherlands.
And it offers Black or White - I haven't even seen that option on the BeBook page. I wonder if the colour os referring to the case (the Onyx Boox 60 offers a white or black case, but the device is white)?? That would be cool!

The only problem I still have is if the cover is "missing" - all other packages of the Onyx boox 60 seem to come with a leather cover, similar to the old BeBook1 cover. The contents of the Neo don't list it - that could be an oversight, but it seems pretty important if it is, so I'm guessing there is no cover (as for the BeBook mini compared to the Astak EZReader, etc.) - curious...

The €20 saving is quickly swallowed up in buying a cover (Onyx have one for $25, and I guess the BeBook people will have a Stylz / Milano case soon for something like €25-30)...

Last edited by orwell2k; 02-01-2010 at 10:08 AM.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #36
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Dear all, the boox pre-order code worked okay for the last 2 weeks. But if you have questions please send me an email then we can fix it. The Onyx Boox 60 will be delivered with a cover. From this week also in a brown colour.
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #37
pietvo
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
Dear all, the boox pre-order code worked okay for the last 2 weeks. But if you have questions please send me an email then we can fix it. The Onyx Boox 60 will be delivered with a cover. From this week also in a brown colour.
The brown cannot be ordered yet.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:25 AM   #38
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Dear Pietvo,

You are right, the new website electronicreading.eu will be online this week with al the options. Please take a look again later this week. I will post here again when its available.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #39
pietvo
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
Dear Pietvo,

You are right, the new website electronicreading.eu will be online this week with al the options. Please take a look again later this week. I will post here again when its available.
Will you also have photo's of the different covers? My wife thinks she will like brown but she wants to see it first. I think I prefer white myself (or maybe black).
Old 02-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #40
tommik
Connoisseur
tommik began at the beginning.

Device: Poke Pro, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Will you also have photo's of the different covers? My wife thinks she will like brown but she wants to see it first. I think I prefer white myself (or maybe black).
I posted these some time ago...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...200#post735200
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...351#post735351
tommik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #41
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot

Dear readers of this topic. Like I announced before, the new european website is online. We offer not only the Onyx Boox but also other ereaders. The website is on the moment in Dutch and English. German, Italian and Spanish will follow this week. Now it's also possible to send ereaders through whole Europe.

Tags
basic ereader, boox, cheap ereader, cheap onyx boox, onyx, onyx boox 60 s, onyx boox s