Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
E-Ink used as crime clue on CSI:NY

I'm watching my CSI:NY on my TiVo and just came to a section where the e-ink used on a panel on a magazine cover is used as a crime clue. It's about 40 mins into the episode (with commercials) One character does keeps calling the panel an LCD but then explains how e-ink works.

I checked Hulu which has full episodes but this one isn't up yet. The title is "Wrong Dunbrook" with Craig T. Nelson as the guest star.

Edit: Wrong title, it's " The Past, Present and Murder" and the episode is up on the CBS website.

Last edited by daffy4u; 04-18-2009 at 02:40 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
if you have Comcast with HD, it's also available on demand as well. No idea how long into it it is as the episodes on demand only have 2 commercials total. One before the episode starts and one someplace in the midst of the episode.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I just checked the CBS site and the segment starts 28 minutes in. Also it looks like it really is an LCD screen on the magazine cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	csi ny.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	27728   Click image for larger version

Name:	csi ny2.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	27729   Click image for larger version

Name:	csi ny3.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	27730   Click image for larger version

Name:	csi ny4.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	27731  

Last edited by daffy4u; 04-18-2009 at 03:01 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Yeah, I thought it had color in it when it flashed by. I wonder how good the "possible" forensics are on eink.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
The Ledger NY picture above looks very much like the e-Ink cover of last October's Esquire. The wording is similar, too. Esquire says "The 21st Century begins now" and it flashes white behind semi-transparent colour images - giving the illusion of lighting them up. Inside the cover the e-Ink flashes and it 'lights up' a blue, red and white background.

I've had Esquire flashing continuously on my desk since October. I'm waiting for it to stop working, so I can take the e-Ink panel apart
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert