Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
flawlessx92
flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo HD
How to show reading stats in side loaded EPUB?

I've tried googling for answer but i couldnt find the exact information. Some mentioned that this feature is no longer available on recent firmware. Others mentioned that its still possible as long as you convert epub to kepub.

is it still possible? if so how do i convert epub to kepub using calibre correctly? i couldnt find the option to do so in calibre
flawlessx92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:47 PM   #2
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
First you need the Kobo Touch Extended Plugin under preferences/plugins, install that. Restart calibre.
In the convert books menu, set the output format to Kepub.
Under "add books", select "control the output of books", Check "Automatically Convert books to the output format"

See if that gets you there - it is not hard, just a few steps. Once you set this up, it is easy and automatic (which is why I had to open calibre and go through each step - I forgot!) I hope I did not miss anything.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2016, 09:51 PM   #3
flawlessx92
flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksquared View Post
First you need the Kobo Touch Extended Plugin under preferences/plugins, install that. Restart calibre.
In the convert books menu, set the output format to Kepub.
Under "add books", select "control the output of books", Check "Automatically Convert books to the output format"

See if that gets you there - it is not hard, just a few steps. Once you set this up, it is easy and automatic (which is why I had to open calibre and go through each step - I forgot!) I hope I did not miss anything.
ive installed the plugin yesterday, and restart my pc. but the kepub output option is still not available. im not sure what i did wrong

Old 09-28-2016, 10:19 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by flawlessx92 View Post
ive installed the plugin yesterday, and restart my pc. but the kepub output option is still not available. im not sure what i did wrong
Ksquared instructions are wrong. Or at least not complete.

To sideload kepubs, you have two choices. Firstly, you can install the extended driver. This changes the epub to kepub on the fly when sending the books. It doesn't do a calibre conversion, but changes the copy being sent to the device. All options for doing this are in the driver configuration.

The other way is to install the kepub output plugin. This allows books to be converted to kepub and stored in the library. Then the standard KoboTouch driver can send the kepubs from the library. And you can set the option Ksquared mentioned to convert the book when added to the calibre library. There are several other kepub related I would recommend installing if you do this.

Which is better depends on what you want. The driver is simple and means you don't have an extra book format in the library. But, it means all books are sent as kepubs. The output plugin and conversion is useful if you only want some books as kepubs.

p.s. A moderator will be along soon to remove the screenshots and remind you they need to be sized appropriately or added as attachments.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:47 PM   #5
flawlessx92

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

To sideload kepubs, you have two choices. Firstly, you can install the extended driver. This changes the epub to kepub on the fly when sending the books. It doesn't do a calibre conversion, but changes the copy being sent to the device. All options for doing this are in the driver configuration.

The other way is to install the kepub output plugin. This allows books to be converted to kepub and stored in the library. Then the standard KoboTouch driver can send the kepubs from the library. And you can set the option Ksquared mentioned to convert the book when added to the calibre library. There are several other kepub related I would recommend installing if you do this.

Which is better depends on what you want. The driver is simple and means you don't have an extra book format in the library. But, it means all books are sent as kepubs. The output plugin and conversion is useful if you only want some books as kepubs.

p.s. A moderator will be along soon to remove the screenshots and remind you they need to be sized appropriately or added as attachments.
That works. thanks =D. sorry about the SS size
Advert
Old 09-29-2016, 08:15 PM   #6
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

The driver is simple and means you don't have an extra book format in the library. But, it means all books are sent as kepubs. The output plugin and conversion is useful if you only want some books as kepubs.
Thanks. I did not realize that I did not have to convert first. I do have 2 formats in caliber for my books.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote