Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #16
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Same for HDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I don't know about the Fire HDX, but you can delete unwanted collections within the Kindle for iOS app. But it only deletes them in that app, not universally. There is no way to delete them universally that I know of outside of calling CS. Once upon a time when you imported collections to a new device or app you would get the option to choose which device/app from which to import them. Apparently there is no option like that now.
I created a new Collection on the HDX with one book in it. Then I synced. I went to the PW 2013 and synced and it did not come down.

Thus, Collections on the HDX are only for the HDX. They do NOT adjust all other devices.

However, I had already adjusted all my other devices and apps to the same Collection scheme individually so it is not a problem for me.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #17
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Instead of creating Cloud Collections as a feature on the Kindle Fire, maybe they should've fixed http://amazon.com/myk so you could do it there. This better be an update to the KT/KPW as well.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Fire OS 3 is why I'll never buy a Fire as my primary tablet. Even though I have a Fire HD 7, I got it and a matching OtterBox case at clearance prices. It was a package deal and is only used for streaming content at work or when visiting family and friends. The Nexus 7.2 is my primary tablet.

Amazon's failure to port Fire OS 3 to the Fire HD is extremely shameful to say the least. It looks like Amazon is operating off the principal of latest OS only for the current generation of Fires (previous gen Fires need not apply). They can learn a lesson from Apple. I got two major upgrades for my iPod touch 4 befopre Apple pulled the plug.

Definitely not pleased with Amazon over this issue
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:44 AM   #19
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Fire OS 3 is why I'll never buy a Fire as my primary tablet. Even though I have a Fire HD 7, I got it and a matching OtterBox case at clearance prices. It was a package deal and is only used for streaming content at work or when visiting family and friends. The Nexus 7.2 is my primary tablet.

Amazon's failure to port Fire OS 3 to the Fire HD is extremely shameful to say the least. It looks like Amazon is operating off the principal of latest OS only for the current generation of Fires (previous gen Fires need not apply). They can learn a lesson from Apple. I got two major upgrades for my iPod touch 4 befopre Apple pulled the plug.

Definitely not pleased with Amazon over this issue
I am going to give them a little more time to see if they will indeed release it to older devices. In the past they have released updates to newer devices first, I am hoping they stick to this philosophy. I am hoping the HDX owners will work out most of the major bugs before Amazon fixes it and releases it to us.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:15 AM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I am going to give them a little more time to see if they will indeed release it to older devices. In the past they have released updates to newer devices first, I am hoping they stick to this philosophy. I am hoping the HDX owners will work out most of the major bugs before Amazon fixes it and releases it to us.
I'll probably get a HD later down the line so I hope so. I'll buy it locally so I can exchange it if needed.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #21
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie2000 View Post
I just talked to customer service (kindle expert) and was told that the Cloud Collections will not sync with the Kindle for PC. And I have not been able to get it to do so. I am happy to have it on my Kindle Fire HD at least. Have you tried syncing to other Kindle devices?
Ugh, this is the one device where I keep all my collections current. But we got it on the PW2 today so guess I am going to have to get all my collections on here and sync that. Hopefully by the time I get my PW organized there will be an update for my 2012 Fire.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #22
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
While going through my fonts I just realized that they added Helvetica-lite and Publishers font as selections with this upgrade as well.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
While going through my fonts I just realized that they added Helvetica-lite and Publishers font as selections with this upgrade as well.
Can you post a screen shot please? I like to see how it looks Just hold power button and volume button at the same time and it will take a screenshot.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #24
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Here is an example:

Spoiler:
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Here is an example:

Spoiler:
What do you know! I guess my feedback worked.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #26
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lucida added as well.

Quote:
Thanks for that information. They also added Lucida which is the best font yet. Its real thick and I was able to reduce the size of my fonts due to its clarity.

I believe that Lucida may become the new font on the PW 2014 next April or May.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Lucida Font-11-25-2013 3-18-31 PM.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	115762  

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-25-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Thanks for that information. They also added Lucida which is the best font yet. Its real thick and I was able to reduce the size of my fonts due to its clarity.

I believe that Lucida may become the new font on the PW 2014 next April or May.
That was already there since the first Kindle Fire.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #28
sirmaru
Wizard

You are correct !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
That was already there since the first Kindle Fire.
You are correct. I never noticed it before for some reason and never tried it. I just checked my HD 2012 and I am using Georgia font there. I am using Helvetica on my PW 2012 and 2013.

Its amazing how many things there are to know about these devices. We have probably just discovered maybe 40% of what is there. It took Mayday to show me how to use voice dictation to the HDX 2013. I had no idea how to use it.

If you look at that screen shot I posted, there are no blue borders. Instead there is a black border which blends into the black background.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-25-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #29
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
If you look at that screen shot I posted, there are no blue borders. Instead there is a black border which blends into the black background.
That's because it is a screen capture. The blue border can only be captured by taking a photo of the screen.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #30
jswinden
Nameless Being

I hope they add Publisher font option to the Kindle for Android app. As it is now, embedded fonts work, but you don't have a choice between publisher font and standard font. Options are always nice.