Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-23-2014, 05:50 AM   #1321
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis123 View Post
I have a single request:
I got a lot of e-books in my Kobo Aura HD. There is no way to check what the book is about. I don't see any summary so I have to Google the book titles.
(this does not apply to the books from the Kobo store). It would be really nice if there is some link to the book summary instead of only a small picture of the cover.
Long press on the book in the library list. That displays a menu. The first item is "View details". Selecting that displays details of the book including a synopsis.

As this suggests you are fairly new Kobo uses, some of the UI conventions are explained here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:43 AM   #1322
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis123 View Post
I have a single request:
I got a lot of e-books in my Kobo Aura HD. There is no way to check what the book is about. I don't see any summary so I have to Google the book titles.
(this does not apply to the books from the Kobo store). It would be really nice if there is some link to the book summary instead of only a small picture of the cover.
You can add a synopsis to a book using Calibre.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2014, 01:43 PM   #1323
tofi
tofi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Is it possible to add multilevel ordered list in table of contents? Table of contents in IT books are pain in ass - about 40-60 pages of records with same level. It woud be nice to shrink/expand elements of ordered list.

Last edited by tofi; 12-25-2014 at 01:49 PM.
tofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #1324
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofi View Post
Is it possible to add multilevel ordered list in table of contents? Table of contents in IT books are pain in ass - about 40-60 pages of records with same level. It woud be nice to shrink/expand elements of ordered list.
I would class that as a bug. ADE should be doing that already. It's Kobo's implementation that's not handling multilevel NCX ToC correctly. So my suggestion is to go post this over in the bug thread.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:18 PM   #1325
christopher22
Zealot
christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Aura & Touch
I request Notepad and screen rotation (landscape mode).

Last edited by christopher22; 12-25-2014 at 10:24 PM.
christopher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2015, 04:46 AM   #1326
DarrenG
DarrenG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Well, I'd like two features:

1) In the 'all books' list, I'd like to see which collection a book is in or if it is not in a collection at all. This would help me organise my books.

2) Have a way to record words that I've looked up in the dictionary in a list, with their meanings. This would help me remember new words.

...oh, and stop the 'xxx books added' tile from reappearing on the main screen every time that I turn the device on, even though I dismiss it.

Currently on firmware 3.12.

Darren.
DarrenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:53 AM   #1327
DarrenG
DarrenG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
...and another one.

To be able to zoom in on pictures in ebooks. Even if this resulted in a slightly blurred image zoomed in beyond 100%. This would help when reading science books.
DarrenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:48 AM   #1328
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Thumbs up to your suggestions, DarrenG.

Having just done a factory reset on my HD, and having to reconfigure all my Collections, I especially agree with this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenG View Post
1) In the 'all books' list, I'd like to see which collection a book is in or if it is not in a collection at all. This would help me organise my books.
To which I'd add a sub-point:

From Library/Books listing, choosing Add to Collection from a specific book, then creating a new Collection ... when returning to the Books list, it would help to go back to the Library/Books page previously shown, rather than to the top of the first page of the Library.

(This is on 3.12 on my Aura HD, but also on my KT -- which seems to have stopped updates at 3.11.)

Last edited by MacEachaidh; 01-30-2015 at 05:50 AM.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:52 AM   #1329
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, I'd like two features:

This has been suggested a few times before. I've never really understood it. I think part of the reason is I can't think of how to display it properly. If the book is in one collection, maybe, but once you get to three of four, it will get confusing.
Quote:
2) Have a way to record words that I've looked up in the dictionary in a list, with their meanings. This would help me remember new words.

...oh, and stop the 'xxx books added' tile from reappearing on the main screen every time that I turn the device on, even though I dismiss it.
The library tile should only appear if you add books. But, it will when you turn the device on if you are using an SD card. Personally, I just let my devices sleep so I only see this when I actually add books.

If you are a calibre user, you can use my Kobo Utilities plugin to dismiss most tiles and prevent them from coming back. If you aren't a calibre user, you can do it via a database trigger.

Quote:
...and another one.

To be able to zoom in on pictures in ebooks. Even if this resulted in a slightly blurred image zoomed in beyond 100%. This would help when reading science books.
This is already built into the kepub reader. Sideload as a kepub, double tap on the image. But it would be good in the epub reader.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:41 PM   #1330
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Hi, David - is there a way to sort books in the library by read/unread? I haven't found a way.
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:56 PM   #1331
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
Hi, David - is there a way to sort books in the library by read/unread? I haven't found a way.
Not on the Touch or Mini. The newer devices use an updated UI that has filters for "Reading", "Unread" and "Finished". I keep hoping Kobo will let the Touch use this interface as well, as in most ways it is better.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:58 AM   #1332
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Thanks, David. I'm glad it isn't just me being dim!
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:13 AM   #1333
AndrewH7
Enthusiast
AndrewH7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Wrote mine own web-page:<html><body><p>Text</p></body></html>
& my Kobo Touch gives the option of turning it, which it doesn't + others.
But now no option to change founts.
Why can't I turn other web-pages?
Can turn *.pdf, but why not others?
Lines of text still end @ same words as before being turned.
Why not let them reach near to edge of screen?
AndrewH7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:29 PM   #1334
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
Thanks, David. I'm glad it isn't just me being dim!
Don't worry, every now and then I tell someone to use that option. And it's only when they come back and say it isn't there, that I remember the Touch is different.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:46 PM   #1335
crochetgeek2010
Enthusiast
crochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Ok maybe am missing it and getting spoiled on my tablet and cell phone, request for H2O and HD pinch and increase and decrease in font size? I am running the latest with no luck. Thanks!
crochetgeek2010 is offline   Reply With Quote