Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #46
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm. good point. would it help if i put a false name on the package ?
You'll have to wear a full body suit so that there's no personal DNA on the package.....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #47
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh FINE ! refuse my humble offerings !! spurn my sincere gifts !!! do you want bones or not ??? what do you care if they're heathen ?? they're still bones !!!
I would be a little bit worried that they might be toxic or poisonous or contagious. It might well just be a "sixth sense" indicating that touching such a thing would be detrimental to on-going creativity.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:17 PM   #48
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
So I hear this frantic running around in the bathroom area and it seems to be coming from the shower stall. As I get near it I see a flurry of activity inside the stall (thankfully the doors were all closed at the time.) I look over the top. (One advantage of being 6'5".) There is a hole near the top back about 1-1/2" to 2" in diameter and a squirrel running around in the bottom of the shower.

Long story short. I trap the squirrel, put a temp patch over the hole, and have scheduled repair people out for tomorrow am. All I can think of is that the recent rains allowed them to somehow enter the small space above the shower (located on an outside corner of the house.) I could see no entry point from the ground outside and thankfully hone of its friends have shown up either.

What a relaxing way to spend a Sunday. At least I have my shower back again.

[Squirrel 1, Wood 0]
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:41 PM   #49
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
So I hear this frantic running around in the bathroom area and it seems to be coming from the shower stall. As I get near it I see a flurry of activity inside the stall (thankfully the doors were all closed at the time.) I look over the top. (One advantage of being 6'5".) There is a hole near the top back about 1-1/2" to 2" in diameter and a squirrel running around in the bottom of the shower.

Long story short. I trap the squirrel, put a temp patch over the hole, and have scheduled repair people out for tomorrow am. All I can think of is that the recent rains allowed them to somehow enter the small space above the shower (located on an outside corner of the house.) I could see no entry point from the ground outside and thankfully hone of its friends have shown up either.

What a relaxing way to spend a Sunday. At least I have my shower back again.

[Squirrel 1, Wood 0]
Good thing the little critter didn't make an entrance while the shower was in use.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #50
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Worse would have been if the critter had made it into the house (bedroom, office, etc) while we were asleep.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #51
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I always said that squirrels were nothing but trouble. If you sprinkle the entance hole with a lot of chilli powder then you may deter the little *******s from coming in before the repairman gets there.
Do you really need a repairman? I would just mix some concrete myself, and plug the hole.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:46 PM   #52
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
*******s
patricia, i hate to be pedantic*, but i think you'll find "squirrels" has 9 letters, not 8.

...that was the word you were thinking of, right ?

: profoundamusementatpatriciacursingatsquirrels:

*although as keeper of the Pendant it's sort of my duty.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:33 PM   #53
RWood
Technogeezer

The shower is on the outside corner of the bathroom on the second floor of the house. While I can fix the inside, I cannot fix the outside. For that I need a repairman. If they can get in they can cause thousands of dollars worth of damage and eat the framing as well as the electrical systems in that part of the house. There are stories about them causing fires.

I did talk to a county animal control officer and she said that there are no reported cases of rabid squirrels in the county for over ten (10) years. I asked about home invasions (as if I had not yet had one) and she noted that she had already received over fifteen (15) calls today and that her shift was less than one-half finished.

Maybe I need to put a llama in the shower to guard the rest of the house from the squirrels.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:36 PM   #54
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Maybe I need to put a llama in the shower to guard the rest of the house from the squirrels.
good plan. let us know how that goes.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:56 PM   #55
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
There are stories about them causing fires.
...and riots, and wars. Remember that Rolling Stones song, Sympathy for the Squirrel?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:55 AM   #56
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
...and riots, and wars. Remember that Rolling Stones song, Sympathy for the Squirrel?

Cheers,
Marc
No, I don't remember. How does it go?
Old 11-17-2008, 02:25 AM   #57
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
No, I don't remember. How does it go?
It goes...

"I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation..."

There's even a video!

There, now go give your eyes and ears an enema.

Cheers,
Marc (Yes, I'm playing it from my iTunes library at the moment)

Last edited by montsnmags; 11-17-2008 at 02:29 AM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:55 AM   #58
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Here's a gift for the discerning dog....

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/17/t...ing-eyes-only/
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:14 AM   #59
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I'm sorry but I have no spare bones to share. I don't know where the all went.

Maybe VR's human could build him one of these for Christmas and he can play catch.
http://www.killsometime.com/video/video.asp?ID=870

Disclaimer: Barcey does not condone the making of this video. Beer and engineering should not be mixed.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:30 AM   #60
zelda_pinwheel

that seems needlessly cruel to me. i imagine i'll be in the minority in this view though.

Tags
blue one next to the fish, bone, chocolate, doggie, giving, hurricane, kingdom of bacon and bone, rfid, unutterable silliness, vivaldirules