Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #16
puch
puch began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by honza99999 View Post
I cannot install any new TTS to my PB 602 (fw 2.0.2, Czech localization). I removed 2 existing TTS languages successfully so I should not have a problem with 4 TTS limit.

I load Czech.pbi file (but the same issue is with any other) to the root folder of internal memory, I launch it via Library/Application, I get a message (in Czech language) that the size of package is big and the the instalation can take longer time.
Then after about 20 sec I get a message "Could not create temporary file in /tmp" and nothing is installed.

This does not depend whether exrernal card is present or not, or if PB is connected to PC or not. I suppose that by '/tmp' it means a temp directory on internal (not visible) drive with Linux OS.

Any idea what could be the issue ? Thx
I got yeaturday PB 903. I made the same as honza, but in vain! I try to install russian (male and female) the previos installed italian-female and german-male. I get the same error: "Could not create temporary file in /tmp"

FW 2.0.3

Please help
puch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #17
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by puch View Post
I got yeaturday PB 903. I made the same as honza, but in vain! I try to install russian (male and female) the previos installed italian-female and german-male. I get the same error: "Could not create temporary file in /tmp"

FW 2.0.3

Please help
This looks like a permissions problem. I can think of a few ways in which this can happen: 1) /tmp is a directory inside the read-only root filesystem, so can't be written to at all by anybody, 2) /tmp is a symlink to /var/tmp (as it should be), but the permissions on /var/tmp are wrong so that the user can't write to it, 3) /tmp is a broken symlink that points to a non-existent directory. I use the 2.0.3 NA firmware which supposedly doesn't have this problem, so I can't check it myself. Someone running the EUR or CIS firmware versions could run the "df", "ls -l /" and "ls -l /var" commands in the poterm application that LoneTech provided recently to see if any of these is the case. Without root capabilities you won't be able to fix the problem, but at least your curiosity might be satisfied while waiting for the new firmware .
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:52 PM   #18
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
...but at least your curiosity might be satisfied while waiting for the new firmware .
Hi, my PB903 is runnign 2.0.4, and I know it is not the only one - you will find 2.0.4 onteh Pocketbook webpage (only in teh German version, though), here (why they did not put it on the english site is a mistery)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #19
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
Hi, my PB903 is runnign 2.0.4, and I know it is not the only one - you will find 2.0.4 onteh Pocketbook webpage (only in teh German version, though), here (why they did not put it on the english site is a mistery)
I have a 902, and I'm not sure that the 2.0.4 firmware was meant for that device. The firmware is probably not on the English site because the 903 isn't available in our market yet. So, you'll have to rely on a Unix-savvy person in Europe to check out your firmware version.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #20
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I have a 902, and I'm not sure that the 2.0.4 firmware was meant for that device. The firmware is probably not on the English site because the 903 isn't available in our market yet. So, you'll have to rely on a Unix-savvy person in Europe to check out your firmware version.
I see, well being computer illiterate I have no idea whether the firmware for 903 would also go on the 902, maybe not, as I think the hardware is also different.
As for the oddity of not having the firmware on the English version of the page, well it is indeed strange as they sell all over Europe (the reason why they have a page in English), including the UK, not to mention the fact that they do intervene on this English speaking pocketbook forum, too
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #21
Anubis331
Anubis331 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, PocketBook
talking menu

Hello everybody,

i'v installed the Czech tts and it works fine. A just want to ask if there is any method how to make PocketBook to talk in menu? So he could read me what i have in library, entries in main menu, settings and so on.

Do you know if this is possible?

Thx
Anubis331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #22
Uthruban
Uthruban began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
Lightbulb Finding TTS

My PB 903 FW 2.1.2 with the "fast graphic driver" did not find any TTS-File (pbi) automatically - not in /root, not in /applications.

The solution: Navigate to Fotos, go back to root, select and install.
In this folder is no limitation regarding the filetype.

Regards,
Uthruban
Uthruban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #23
swatkats
swatkats began at the beginning.

Device: none
i liked this smiley very much. so using this to Thank you
swatkats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:53 AM   #24
kkysnoopy
kkysnoopy began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
how to make those .pbi for older pocketbooks compatible with pocketbook color ?
kkysnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:58 AM   #25
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
You normally copy them onto the device and then click on them in the device library for installation. You should also be able to download language packages directly from the device.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 09:29 AM   #26
kkysnoopy
kkysnoopy began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
The pbi files in the link inside this top is not the same as the pbi files available in newer support page as they have fewer languages.
kkysnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:51 AM   #27
rkomar
Wizard

Back then, the SVOX engine was used for TTS, and the voices in this thread are for that engine. Now, the Ivona engine is used, so I doubt that the old SVOX voices will work on recent devices.

Tags
pocketbook, pocketbook pro, tts