Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
bcwar70
bcwar70 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dutch to English translation

I have several epubs in dutch and after googling and searching I am going to try asking one of you if can help.

What i want to do is translate the dutch epub into english. I would have thought that i could download a plugin or perhaps purchase some translator software but I'm not finding anything.

thank you in advance for any advice or help!
bcwar70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
bear4hunter
Addict
bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle 3 & DX Graphite, PocketBook 302 & Pro 603
I'm not aware of any tools capable of translating directly.

But why not use calibre to generate HTML or plain text? You could try Google Translate on those...
bear4hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
bcwar70
bcwar70 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I had thought about it but it would be time consuming tedious work. It seemed to me that surely their would be an app or a plugin that would translate the whole document without having to copy and paste them into google then back to another document to save them.

At this point that is most likely what i will end up doing. Thanks for the reply, it at least confirms that what I'm looking for isn't out there at the moment.
bcwar70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #4
Anke Wehner
Addict
Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PRS-650
Um. Learn Dutch? Or find professional English translations, if they exist.

Sorry, but machine translations just aren't practical. They suck.

Yesterday someone pointed out Google translate came up with "contact Frank" when you entered "bitte frankieren" (which means "please frank" - as in putting a postage stamp on a letter - in German), and it's not like that's a complicated sentence.
Anke Wehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
bear4hunter
Addict
bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle 3 & DX Graphite, PocketBook 302 & Pro 603
@ Anke
Peinlich :-)
Machines aren't perfect indeed.

As for me, at least for Dutch I don't need any translation, it's my native tongue ;-)
bear4hunter is offline   Reply With Quote