Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
JimmyG
Zealot
JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Touch, Voyage
Any way to stop the cursor from relocating...

When editing a file in Sigil, any time you do anything outside the editing window, the cursor moves. This is extremely aggravating, is there any way to stop it? Turning off error checking and Tidy doesn't help.
JimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
JimmyG
Zealot
JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Nor did turning off error checking and restarting Sigil. But Windows did an update so I had to shut down everything. and when I restarted Sigil the cursor no longer moves every time the window loses focus.
Advert
Old 07-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I had not seen your problem until this morning.

I am jumping back and forth between foxit reader and Sigil and the cursor didn't stay put in Sigil, whether foxit reader is windowed or not.

I will have to see if it happens tomorrow on my Vista64 bit system.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
JimmyG
Zealot

I've changed nothing, yet it's started doing it again. When the window loses focus, it moves the cursor to the beginning of the paragraph it's in, and centers that line in the window. So, every time you have to check something, you lose your place.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
JimmyG
Zealot

I'm editing long files. At the beginning of the file, down to about line 1000+, the cursor moves when the editor pane loses focus. After that the cursor no longer moves, nor does the scroll thumb. So, shutting down the computer had nothing to do with it. I had just reached the magic place in the file. And it started up again when I went to work on a new file.
Advert
Old 07-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
Leverpullr
Leverpullr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/generic android tablet
I too see huge jumps (usually upward 2+pages often) in cursor location when switching from Code View to Book View. Very annoying to refind you place with big documents. However going from Book view to Code view is always exact, and right to the exact cursor position.
Leverpullr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverpullr View Post
I too see huge jumps (usually upward 2+pages often) in cursor location when switching from Code View to Book View. Very annoying to refind you place with big documents. However going from Book view to Code view is always exact, and right to the exact cursor position.
5.902 has no synch at all.
Many times, a switch (after a save) puts you at the end.
I agree, things like this is a real PITA, but I don't have a lot of hope as synch/save cursor seems to clash with other (more important reliability) features.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #8
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I was wondering if they could allow us to add bookmarks to the file which would be wiped out on saving.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverpullr View Post
I too see huge jumps (usually upward 2+pages often) in cursor location when switching from Code View to Book View.
IMO the cursor is located correctly, but the window is scrolled to the wrong position (several pages below the cursor).

Most commonly (not always ...) I can restore the positiion in BV by hitting the up- and down key once.

Still a real PITA ....

----------------------
edit I'm working with V5.03
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #10
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I notice that it happens more around some types of elements, lists and tables in specific - usually once I've cleaned them up the cursor will sync correctly and everything is happy.

Will try investigate a bit more next time.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #11
Leverpullr
Leverpullr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/generic android tablet
@mmat1

Wow! I tried your trick of using the up arrow (after changing from Code to Book view) and the cursor magically jumps to the right place I was at in code view previously!! So awesome...this saved me so much frustration (and scrolling). THANK you.
Leverpullr is offline   Reply With Quote