Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Sony 505 Broken cover!!!!

Damnit! The bottom tab on my 505 cover just broke. Is it possible to repair it or get it fixed somehow?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I don't think so. Check online for replacement covers, they should be on sale. I got an extra from Borders on clearance for $20 (the premium leather one) just in case for this sort of reason.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I don't think so. Check online for replacement covers, they should be on sale. I got an extra from Borders on clearance for $20 (the premium leather one) just in case for this sort of reason.
That's what I shoulda done when they were on clearance, but didn't think about it. I even dropped it once and it didn't break then....

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
kennyc

Well I googled it and found this thread.

I've got it taped in place for now......good ol duct tape.
You know what they say if you can't fix it with duct tape or bailing wire, it's not worth fixin'!

Only covers I can find are $40 and I suspect it would break in a few month as well.

Maybe there is a different one I can find that is less likely to break.

Last edited by kennyc; 01-17-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

I've got it taped in place for now......good ol duct tape.
You know what they say if you can't fix it with duct tape or bailing wire, it's not it aint worth fixin'!

Hey, with one little change it's our family "sayin'"

I hope you find something. Have you tried clearance at Target, Best Buy, or Walmart?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Hey, with one little change it's our family "sayin'"

I hope you find something. Have you tried clearance at Target, Best Buy, or Walmart?

None found at Target, I'll try best buy and Walmart (online that is)....I didn't go in person, but know there are none at the local target.

P.S. you gotta tell me the one little change?

Oh wait I see you edited it....

Last edited by kennyc; 01-17-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
None found at Target, I'll try best buy and Walmart (online that is)....I didn't go in person, but know there are none at the local target.

P.S. you gotta tell me the one little change?
If she moves, duct her. If she talks, duct her.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
Ham Cannon
Enthusiast
Ham Cannon doesn't litterHam Cannon doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony Reader 505, Kobo Touch, iPad 1, iPhone 4
When the tab on my trifold cover broke (same kind of holder), I just removed the whole plastic spine thing and replaced it with a strip of adhesive velcro. One strip on the cover, one strip on the reader--just on the left side. It holds the reader very securely and is pretty much unbreakable. No reason that shouldn't work with the regular cover too. Of course, this means gluing a strip of velcro to your reader, but if you ever want to remove the residue, a product like goo-gone should clean it right up.
Ham Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:12 PM   #9
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I used my broken tab as an excuse to buy the M-Edge cover at $20 on sale.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #10
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
I used my broken tab as an excuse to buy the M-Edge cover at $20 on sale.
Hmmm, they don't seem to have them for the 505, unless it's the same as the 600?

Oh I see, yes it is......hmmm....may have to go that way. The duck tape is workin' perty good though.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #11
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
I have two used covers up for sale on Flea Market here on Mobileread. I decided if my new used Dooney & Bourke cover hinges ever broke, I would just velcro it in place.
luvshihtzu
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:44 AM   #12
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
I never liked the original Sony case and replaced it with a TuffLuv, which works even better than duct tape :-)
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:46 AM   #13
kennyc

I'm thinking about the velcro approach....

Or, it looks like the new PRS600 cover is the same thing, maybe I'll just get one of those...

Last edited by kennyc; 01-24-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:17 AM   #14
MacBeezle
Zealot
MacBeezle began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPad, Sony Reader PRS-500U2. Soon: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Damn.. the Borders I went yesterday didn't have any of those covers...
MacBeezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #15
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I'm thinking about the velcro approach....

Or, it looks like the new PRS600 cover is the same thing, maybe I'll just get one of those...
Kenny, did you get the 600 cover? How does it fit?

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote