Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Question Two more questions about a Kindle

Ok, I've got two more questions and then I may very likely put my Sony 505 up for sale.

1. Can I switch back and forth between reading a book and text-to-speeching a book and my place won't get lost? Even non-Kindle Store books?

2. A couple of days ago I dropped my iPhone 4 and shattered the screen, so I was trying to figure out how I could listen to podcasts and remember my spot (my sons Sansa wouldn't remember the spot on the mp3 podcast). So I tried it in my Sony 505 and it does remember my spot. It has a pretty cool interface (see attached photo), does the Kindle3 remember your spot on mp3s and is there a interface when just listening (I don't care about listening to music in the background)?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-8-26.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	57173  
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
You just need to press the shift key & the Sym button to switch the voice on & off.
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you have multiple bookmarks in a book?
Old 08-26-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Of course.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Your place won't even be lost in non-amazon books.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #6
just_jeepin
Addict

Sweet, I think my Sony 505 will be on CraigsList later tonight! I just wish that Target had them in stock so there'd be no wait!