Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2006, 06:54 AM   #106
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

The Borders store in the Continental Airlines terminal at Newark Airport had a bunch when I was in there Saturday night.
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #107
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by flumbo
The Borders store in the Continental Airlines terminal at Newark Airport had a bunch when I was in there Saturday night.
I officially love you. I just bought a Sony Reader from the Newark Airport over the phone!! They'll deliver NO problem to people out of state.

I used a 10% off coupon here:

http://www.visitborders.com/index.php?c=A

$4 for FedEx Ground delivery to Minnesota.

Total price, including 7% Newark tax and $4 shipping = $341.04.

Can't complain about that!

One more hopefully-soon-to-be-happy Reader owner!
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #108
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG
I officially love you. I just bought a Sony Reader from the Newark Airport over the phone!!
I'd feel better about that if your name was Wilma. Congrats on your purchase!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #109
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
I'd feel better about that if your name was Wilma. Congrats on your purchase!
Tee-hee! I just received a call from the Newark Borders with my FedEx tracking number.

*anticipation growing*
Old 10-11-2006, 01:13 PM   #110
sartori
Connoisseur
sartori began at the beginning.

I just called the Borders in Scranton, PA and they gave me a release date of October 26th. They said they would have the readers, accessories and memory cards for it. So about 2 weeks away - hopefully the one I ordered from Sony will be here before then - although estimated ship date is still Nov 2

Rob
sartori is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #111
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
My local Borders sent me a post card cancelling my special order. I put one in a few weeks before they where released thinking it would be a good way to get one early. It seems that they have no idea when they will have any or when they will ship so the said "forget about it". I don't mind too much since I bought one online the first day but that is pretty weak behavior.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:25 AM   #112
Kenal0
Kenal0 began at the beginning.

None left in Chicago area. I have checked 4-5 Borders and none have received any and the 2 Brick and Mortars in the area sold out and do not know when they are getting anymore in. I guess my online delivery of Nov 9 will have to do.
Kenal0
Kenal0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:03 PM   #113
Kenal0

Borders Newark airport shipping today. Good deal with that coupon.
Thanks for the heads up on that one.
Kenal0
Old 10-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #114
WilliamG
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenal0
Borders Newark airport shipping today. Good deal with that coupon.
Thanks for the heads up on that one.
Kenal0
Let me know when you receive yours. I called that Borders again today to find out why (2 days later) my tracking number isn't working. Apparently, the FedEx guy never showed up yesterday to pick them up!

Anyway, the lady at the store told me they will indeed ship today.

*dribbling some more...*
Old 10-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #115
Kenal0

Will do. She gave me the tracking number and said the Fedex guy was not there yet so she would get it out today. I will let you know.
Kenal0
Old 10-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #116
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Arrrgh!

Someone keeps buying up all the stock in Seattle. I'd gladly make the two hour drive to pick one up, but it's annoying to see the stock disappear the day it's received, only to reappear on ebay a few hours later.

Guess I'll have to wait for my November 2nd shipping date.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:07 PM   #117
flumbo
I got nothin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBoy
Arrrgh!

Someone keeps buying up all the stock in Seattle. I'd gladly make the two hour drive to pick one up, but it's annoying to see the stock disappear the day it's received, only to reappear on ebay a few hours later.
Just look around these forums to find the culprit. When I called the store near me they said they had 15 in stock. Luckily I asked them to set one aside for me because after driving 1 hour I found out that someone came in and bought the rest of their stock. I feel bad for the other people that drove all that way and paid for parking only to find out they were all gone.

Kinda rude I think...
Old 10-12-2006, 05:25 PM   #118
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
...after driving 1 hour....
Hmm, I hadn't realized Hawaii was that big.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:16 PM   #119
Kenal0

I called Borders in Newark airport and the lady said that the items did go out today.
Hopefully they will be here early next week.
Kenal0
Old 10-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #120
flumbo
I got nothin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Hmm, I hadn't realized Hawaii was that big.
I was in L.A. at the time. However the drive from Hawaii to Los Angeles was tough-- had to roll up the windows.