Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
pb611
pb611 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 611
E-Mail client (read/send messages) app for PocketBook. or webmail?

hello. i am new to pocketbook. i have bought pb 611 (software compatible with lot of pro models, 360 plus new, 622 maybe...). it is great. i found, that there are lots of third-party apps from community. so:

i am looking for e-mail client app. i wat to compose and send email messages (using wifi connection). and also want to read the mails. idelly using the imap protocol. is there any?

i found one email application on russian forums, but it is providing only the "kindle mail" functionality (automaticaly download email attachments and save it to the reader), not real reading and writing emails.

i want this because i want to read/write mails during travelling. and i found that pocketbook web browser doesnt work with my webmail (yahoo). so if anyone has experience with some (free) webmail, which is usable in the pocketbook web browser, it should be solution. (especially if that webmail supports the //nameassword url... - so i can make special substitution script in applications folder in reader)

p.s.: sorry for my english .)
pb611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Try Gmail. It works fine on my 912. You can even set Gmail up so it manages your other emails. I don't know about yahoo. It supports pop3 but I don't think it support imap.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
pb611
pb611 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcLaren View Post
Try Gmail. It works fine on my 912. You can even set Gmail up so it manages your other emails. I don't know about yahoo. It supports pop3 but I don't think it support imap.
thanks for tip. but the problem is, that my pb611 internet browser does not properly work with TEXTAREA html element - i cannot write anything to textarea. to "input type text" i can...

so i can (using gmail or yahoo or anything else with mobile access) read mails, but not write. can you on your 912?
pb611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
mtt
mtt began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
I want to develop e-mail client for PB 6xx and 9xx, but actually i'm quite busy. Maybe in next few months..
mtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
juras
juras began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622)
Managed to get Trojitá IMAP client running on PB Touch, you can try binary from http://www.uloz.to/x2qnMkf/trojita-0...pocketbook-zip.
juras is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
Vivat
Vivat began at the beginning.

Device: PB912
Did anybody get it running? Does it need any special configuration?
I have a PB 912. It does not start without any error message.
Vivat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:33 AM   #7
juras
juras began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622)
I'm not sure, that PB 912 has QT libraries (Trojitá is written i QT). You can chceck, if you have file /mnt/ext1/system/config/qtplugin.ini on your device. If not, you may be missing theese libraries.
juras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:50 AM   #8
Vivat

Thanks. Although some QT Web Browser is installed and running on the PB 912, the qtplugin.ini is missing. How can I check whether the libraries itself are available? Can I simply add qtplugin.ini by myself?
Old 04-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #9
Vivat

OK, I found out that some QT libraries are in /ebrmain/cramfs/lib:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2737192 Jan 1 1970 libQtCore.so.4.8.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8907420 Jan 1 1970 libQtGui.so.4.8.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1200036 Jan 1 1970 libQtNetwork.so.4.8.0
and another directory /ebrmain/cramfs/lib/qtplugins exist with a lot of other libraries. But qtplugin.ini does not exist.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
It looks like you have some kind of shell access if you can find those files in /ebrmain. Have you tried starting the application from the shell rather than from the Applications tab? You would probably see the error messages printed out then.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, e-mail, email, pocketbook, webmail