Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #151
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Double clicking in the center of the page with the stylus also refreshes the screen.
Single clicking - I think double clicking turns the page doesn't it?

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #152
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
You're right, single clicking.
*Edit: They should put this in the manual,as with the device's delay is not easy to know what's happening. Sometimes nothing happens, and then 5 seconds later I get 4 refreshes after one another...

Last edited by ProDigit; 03-15-2012 at 01:43 PM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #153
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
Thank you Andrew and ProDigit. I didn't know these tips!
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #154
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
I find it peculiar that as soon as the first anti-Jetbook Color user appeared on mobileread,in a matter of a month, 4 or more other accounts where created around that same timeframe, all the same complainers, almost sounds to me it's one and the same user spamming from several accounts!
I'm not saying it's the case, but it's peculiar how they 'accidentally' all appeared on mobileread around the same timeframe, and how heavy advocates they are against JBC, almost as if they where afraid people would actually buy the device!

... Anyone else noticed?
I could offer an explanation. Not all users on this forum are posting, many are reading for years. They become active when the need arises, i.e. a problem they are having - or when postings are so annoying/bewildering they simply cannot restrain themselves to contribute their 2 cents ...
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #155
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1, M92, iPad 3, ex-JetBook Color
Ectaco Customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
. I suggest you to contact Ectaco support (providing your JBC's S/N)to ask to add a full refresh even when reading documents. In this way maybe in the next firmware update they will add this feature.
You know I even didn't want to touch on this subject since we discuss here the specific product - JBC. But I think Ectaco's customer service "deserves" to devote a whole topic to discuss it separately. And since you mentioned it first...

Yes. I contacted them the next day after receiving JBC. I told them about these 2 problems that my JBC has and that bother me a lot (dark grey screen and artefacts or ghosting like you call it). I was wondering if I received a defective product or this was normal for JBC. The answer was that this is completely normal for their product (JBC) and CANNOT be corrected. And really it was the only one specific answer I got from Ectaco's customer service while calling them. After they told me that my JBC is not defective and completely normal I answered that in this case I would like to return JBC and get the refund. Their invoice (which came with JBC) states: "A Returm Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and Return shipping address must be obtained from Ectaco Inc prior to the return of any merchandise. All returns are made within 7 days of delivery and are subject to a 6.5% restocking fee and deduction of shipping cost". So right away I asked them to provide me with RMA #. They said that my JBL cannot be returned since I traded my old reader for it. (Somebody else on this forum mentioned this promotion Ectaco had in the late February - trade-in your old Reader for the JBC and get JBC for $399.95). Nothing in this promotion or anywhere else was mentioned that if you use this promotion you cannot follow their standard return policy. So it was interesting suprise for me to hear about it after I asked them for RMA # (the next day after my JBC arrived). So the person in Customer Service told me that he cannot provide me with RMA# and transferred my call somewhere else where nobody picked up the phone. The only option was lo leave the message and they call you back. I left voice message. I called Ectaco a lot of times after that. The same scenario every time: the young lady with very beautiful voice answers something like this : "Hi! This is Ectaco. How can I help you?" I explain that I need to get RMA # in order to return my JBC. She transfers my call and of cause nobody answers it. I leave the message and nobody calls me back. Finally once somebody answered and told me that he cannot provide me with RMA#. He gave me email address and the name of the person who has the power to solve my problem (very simple problem I believe - just provide me with RMA # according their own return policy). I emailed that person a week ago (last Thursday) ang got the answer the same day which stated: "The representative was right, that we don’t have return policy if the customer sends the trade-in item first. However, we would like to make an exception for you. We will need to send your old unit back. Please confirm that we can deduct the shipping cost ($12.80) for your old Jet Book from the amount of your refund". I answered right away (it was exactly a week ago) that I didn't mind them to deduct the shipping cost ($12.80) from my refund. I waited about 4 days for the answer from Ectaco. I contacted them again via email and the form on their website. Actually the message entered on their website was answered within 24 hours. Guess what it stated: "Please contact our New York office. They will provide answers to your questions. Then Phone number and their business hours." Monday morning I called Ectaco's office and... guess what? Again the same story: the young lady with very beautiful voice transfers my call and of cause nobody answers it. I leave the message and nobody calls me back...
So I decided to call Paypal to seek their advice. Paypal escalated the disput into the claim right away and they represent my interests now. I let Paypal to handle all the communication with Ectaco on my behalf.

This was my experience of dealing with Ectaco's Customer service.

Last edited by Valentinka; 03-15-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Valentinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #156
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Very complicate. Good luck then

Anyway I was talking about tecnical support for solvable problems. The background it's a Triton properties for now, you can't change it. If you dislike this screen you must get rid of it.

Last edited by mod186k1; 03-15-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #157
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1, M92, iPad 3, ex-JetBook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
Very complicate. Good luck then
Thanks!
Valentinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #158
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Gosh.
Very sorry to hear this.
Hope Paypal can help.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #159
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
I find it peculiar that as soon as the first anti-Jetbook Color user appeared on mobileread,in a matter of a month, 4 or more other accounts where created around that same timeframe, all the same complainers, almost sounds to me it's one and the same user spamming from several accounts!
I'm not saying it's the case, but it's peculiar how they 'accidentally' all appeared on mobileread around the same timeframe, and how heavy advocates they are against JBC, almost as if they where afraid people would actually buy the device!

... Anyone else noticed?
yes, I noticed it too.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:46 AM   #160
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can just assure two things:
1) I am myself, the one who's writing
2) I didn't ever buy a JBC, nor would I do it

I don't know if Kris or Prodigit are right. But please Valentinka, Andy, Poohbear, Dulin's and others: if you plan any identity exchange, send me al least one email, first.

Wait...What if...OMG no. What if I'm Kris777?

---

Now seriously: I do not know if it's just that your passion makes for you impossible to stand any critique about this gadget. If you have some real doubts about fake accounts, please submit them to mods, they'll know what to do.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 03-16-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #161
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post

Now seriously: I do not know if it's just that your passion makes for you impossible to stand any critique about this gadget. If you have some real doubts about fake accounts, please submit them to mods, they'll know what to do.
Some of the posters seem to have as many quirks as the devices they are talking about ...
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #162
mod186k1
Addict

Dear ignacio ferrer,
have you read the title of this thread?
have you noticed @lorenzoens calls always JBC an "gadget" instead of eReader?

I can accept the sane criticism like the one of lady Valentinka, but when someone tell me:
Quote:
hey I have no JBC but according to me is rubbish because: A B C.
And you answer:
Quote:
You are right on some point but according to me this is a very good device for particular purpose because in my experience: X Y Z (there are a lot of threads here and I'm bored to cite them)
Well, I understand we are on two different planets of ideas. It is not a bad thing.

But even if I would think, for mere example, your M92 is not a good reader (and I don't think so, it is just an example) because eink is B/W and it's too static, I would not even dream to call M92 a "gadget" because I'd know there are benefits in a static B/W eink.

And most of all ok, I understand (even if I disagree) these reasons. Is it useful to repeat them in every posts?

Instead I would appreciate to find solutions (in this way of view I was tipping lady Valentinka but I was missed the point) and ideas of improvements to forward to Ectaco technical support.

I missed the point with @Valentinka because I didn't realize soon she has got the decision to return its "gadget" and so it is useless tipping her. It was my fault, I'm sorry.

AM

Last edited by mod186k1; 03-16-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #163
lorenzoens
ex se ens

1. I wrote 33 comments in this thread, and I used the term "gadget" only ONCE. Probably I didn't ever use that word in any of my comments in other threads, I just checked.
  2. gadget is synonym for device Please read MacMillan Dictionary.
  3. I don't understand if you agree, that there is some multi account user around (I'd stop here with this insinuation).
  4. I'd explain again my position, in the meanwhile you can find it synthesized HERE.
  5. I always get attacked by the same users whatever thing I write, whatever tone I use

Last edited by lorenzoens; 03-16-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #164
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
yes, I noticed it too.
Sure I was labelled as troll because of raising a couple of very valid points here
I guess that since I do not own the device they make no sense

On the other side I can say the same, all of a sudden since the device was launched on the market we have a couple of blind and "no matter what" supporters that showed up at that time

Do you honestly believe that this device at this price needs bad advertising from competitors?
You had resellers voicing their concerns here. For them it is simply business to taking sides, they want to make money and they will sell whatever is competitive and in demand if they can.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #165
mod186k1
Addict

1) once it is enough
2) the term "gadget" sounds like a "toy". Usb flash key is a gadget or is a pocket storage memory?
3) Are you joking or are you talking seriously?
4) your position is very clear
5) probably there is something in your speech... ?
6) read the number (3) - anyway there are also the thread "
You are subscribed to this thread Am I never to be satisfied with the JetBook Color?" and "JetBook Color Review - by a Long-Time Kindle DXG User". 3 threads talking about similar topic. It seems to contradict you.

Last edited by mod186k1; 03-16-2012 at 02:03 PM.