Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
:OT: The cheapest android tablet capable of running Angry Birds

I know this is off topic for this forum but some of you do have these cheap tablets
I can't use my phone much at home as my 3yr old cousin is always playing the bird game on it. If their is a cheap tablet out their maybe I could get my phone back.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
Fif23
Connoisseur
Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
300 bucks can buy a lot of Ritalin..
Fif23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
50 grand a year can buy a lot of beer..

Blinded me with science....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Maybe just delete the game from your phone?

Or maybe say no?
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
lotrfan
Connoisseur
lotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Well you may want to consider the new Pandigital Planet tablet. According to several users at slatedroid it plays angry birds and even though it has a resistive screen it seems to support limited multitouch like pinch and zoom. If you can get a 30% off coupon from kohls the price is about $140 and may be even less with rebates etc. BTW it seems to be way better than the previous Pandigital Novel (which I own and like very much).
Here is the link to their forum on this tablet:

http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/211-pandigital-planet/

Last edited by lotrfan; 06-24-2011 at 02:28 PM.
lotrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I know this is off topic for this forum but some of you do have these cheap tablets
I can't use my phone much at home as my 3yr old cousin is always playing the bird game on it. If their is a cheap tablet out their maybe I could get my phone back.
I don't know what is cheap but you can look at this one.

http://www.adorama.com/CYMID70244G.html

Mine came with Angry Birds and I've had good luck dealing with this company.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #7
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
www.woot.com

Today only! I don't have experience with this particular tablet, but my husband has an older Archos, and it works very well.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:40 AM   #8
tomereader
Zealot
tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ectaco JBL, Archos 5, 7, 70, Kindle DXG, Craig 7, Vizio Vtab
play the free online chrome version, and get your phone back?

http://chrome.angrybirds.com/
tomereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:07 AM   #9
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Have a look at the android tablet forum there is some coverage there of which tablets it plays on. The problem is Android is tweaked by the tablet manufacturers and as a result some don't play some games. For instance my tablet plays Angry Birds fine BUT it won't play Angry Birds Rio
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #10
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Dopedangel posted his question almost a year ago. I suspect he already found his tablet.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #11
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually I didn't I took the easy option and installed it on his mother's Iphone now its her problem.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #12
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
get him a Nintendo DS. Much more and better games than that Appleish piece of crap. It's also cheaper than any tablet and features physical buttons (thank God!)...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:23 AM   #13
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
get him a Nintendo DS. Much more and better games than that Appleish piece of crap. It's also cheaper than any tablet and features physical buttons (thank God!)...
I did buy him a ds for his birthday just last month he is very happy with it I went with the large sized one instead of the normal one as I feel at his age better not
to teach him to squint.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #14
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
ITA, the DSL is cheap and you can play a lot of different games on it. My nephew is 4 years old and when he was visiting 6 months ago, I let him play with my phone and he dropped it several times(thankfully causing no damage). :-( The next time he visited I was smart and charged the DSL and kept a racing game in it. And the time he visited after that my sister bought him a DSL and we played Mario Kart against each other. fun times...

Still, I at first looked for preschooler specific games in the market and was disappointed by the lack of variety.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote