Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Thumbs up Great Experience with Sony Support....fixed my "not responding" issue

Ok, after over an hour on the phone with Sony Support number 866-962-7669 I was very happy with the results, and I can personally not say a bad thing about Support, he hung with me on the line until everything was working right, and if anyone from Sony is reading this....I appreciate it, you guys have come a LONG way. That's the quick summary....read further if you would like to know the problem and solution.....

Problem I was having was this. I upgraded my laptop to Windows 7 on release day. I performed a complete fresh clean install. So doing this naturally had me reinstall all of my programs. When I installed the Sony Reader software, everything looked great, I had no new books so I found no need to plug my Reader in until yesterday. I plugged it in, it began to synch, got held up, and then I got a not responding message. I got out, rebooted, and then I could no longer access the software, it was running in processes, but wouldn't load. I unintalled, reinstalled....nothing was working. I even downgraded to an earlier version with the same results.

I called Sony who while I remained on the phone, I gave him access to the system as he walked me through the fix. We uninstalled the old software. Then a very important part which I saw mentioned in another thread somewhere, we removed Kinoma files from 2 locations. We downloaded the latest software, and everything was up, running, and working.

Now here's the pain that I hope they eventually fix. Being that this was basically considered moving my Reader to a new Machine, when I was synching everything, it kept duplicating books on my Reader and I couldn't update playlists. I won't go through the whole thing, I just know I hope this is the last time I have to do this. If you have some time, patience, and are ok with losing bookmarks, Hard Reset your Reader, delete ALL the books out of the library and redownload your purchased books fresh from Sony, and download them into your reader by draging and dropping them in from the library to your reader. THEN to get your outside books into the Library click file-> import-> move the rest of the books from the folder you keep your outside books into your library, drag and drop those books into your reader a few at a time to make sure they go with no problem, this was if one book is corrupt, you can ID it then and there. Create your collections, drag and drop the titles into them, and then synch.

I hope this helps somebody, this was a pain for me, but it is nice to have everything working the way it should at this point.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote