Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
dengar
Connoisseur
dengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with others

Device: PW2, K3, Ipad 4, Kindle Fire
Do you load all of your books at once or only the ones you are reading

Just curious. When I was using my Ipod only for audiobooks I would only load the book I am currently listening to. I just made it easier to find since its only 1 book. When I finish I remove it and load the next one from Itunes.

Now that I have the Kindle I find myself doing the same thing. I just dont like going through the whole list to find my book again if I turn if off or reset it.
dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
For the moment I have everything. However, that will change if I run out of memory.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
I tend to just have a few books on my Kindle at a time. The one that I am reading and the next five or so in my TBR list.
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Once I read a book I will remove it (usually in batches with others). But all of my unread books are on my Reader.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Mine:Kindle 3(wifi)Sony PRS-300(died)His: Sony Prs-300
I have about half of my TBR books on my reader. The rest I have sorted in Calibre which is especially helpful since I'm rereading all of the Discworld series from 1st to current.

I find it nice if if I get bored with a book I'm reading and like to have another on the go too.
terraskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
Wait_For_It
Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire
I don't have many books right now but I load everything up on my Kindle.
Wait_For_It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
Marc Johnson
Marc Johnson doesn't litterMarc Johnson doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
I upload all the books I bought on my Kindle. I also read two books at a time on there and 1-3 more books elsewhere. On my phone, I upload one, maybe two books.
Marc Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
Since I exclusively use free downloads from my library's website I only download what I think I can read within 3 weeks. I have had a max of 4 titles at one time. I'm always on hold for hard copy titles too, so I try to carefully pace my downloadables

Last edited by beespeckled; 12-04-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: deleted word
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #9
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
For day-to-day reading, I'll just keep the book(s) I'm currently reading on my device, and perhaps the next book I want to read if I'm nearing the end of the one(s) I'm reading.

For travelling, I'll take more of a selection but still not my entire unread backlog.

Personally, I don't really jump between books all that often. Usually I'll read only one book at a time. Sometimes I'll have two going at once. I almost never have three or more being read simultaneously. Thus I don't want to clutter up my reader's library interface with a lot of books I'm not currently reading and don't plan to read next. Finished books get deleted off my device (but not from my Calibre library) as soon as I'm finished reading them.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #10
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I use my device like a portable bookshelf - so of course I keep too many books on it.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
hgwlackey
Zealot
hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle Touch, HTC Thunderbolt
I have all my books on my iPad, but on my Sony (which is what I primarily read on), I only have the books I plan to read this month.
hgwlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #12
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I have most of my books on my Nook, but I delete or archive them as read. It's like a security blanket, knowing that I have choices, new books, old favorites and so forth, on tap.

I don't have as many books on my Touch although it includes some I don't have on the Nook, but I download/sideload anything I'm likely to be reading. I'm one happy chick now that Bluefire lets me load my library books on the Touch.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #13
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I have all of my modest assortment of books on an SD card in my reader, where I transfer them from Calibre. I'm considering taking the card out and only keeping a few at a time on the device itself, unless I'm travelling.

I have three audio devices (Cowon, Sansa and Creative), so there are some on each, as well as unread ones on my hard drive and not-yet-downloaded from Audible. Don't iPods display a list of books by title? All of my mp3 players do.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #14
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
I've always kept my entire library on my reader, but I'm considering changing that to just the book I'm currently reading and the top 20-30 on my TBR list. Sorting and finding books was never a problem on my EZ Reader, but now that I have a Kindle and don't have folder support it's more of a pain to find what I'm looking for. I know it would be easier if I would just bite the bullet and get my collections set up, but with approximately 1,000 books in my library it's a bit of a daunting task, and every time I pick up the Kindle to start, I end up just reading instead!

As far as audiobooks go, when I first started listening to them my mp3 player didn't have the capacity to hold more than a few books, so I developed the habit of just having the one I'm currently listening to, and a very small selection (sometimes up to maybe 10 books now, but generally closer to 5) to choose from when I finish my current book.

Last edited by KarenH; 12-04-2010 at 10:14 PM.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I keep a handful of books on my eReader at any given time.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote