Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
Afrosheen
Afrosheen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Book Reader PRS-950
Possible to root Sony-950?

Hi all,

I have an old Sony 950 and I'm wondering if I can root it and load Android on it and possibly install the BitTorrent Sync app which would then allow me to use my desktop as the "cloud" to retrieve books from my library? Don't know if anyone has tried…
Afrosheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
There is linux and no custom android... So answer is: No, you can't.

But why do you need this way if you can simply use dropbox/box/etc. by Sony browser?
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #3
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
There is linux and no custom android... So answer is: No, you can't.

But why do you need this way if you can simply use dropbox/box/etc. by Sony browser?
He wants to use his own 'cloud', not someone else's.
Of course, if the Sony browser works to get files from those services, then it would also work to get files from his own system. Just expose the files through a web interface, like Calibre's content server, etc.

ApK
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote