Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #226
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
There's yet a new Version of CoolReader 0.0.6-1 with CREngine 3.0.50-3 updated. The difference I've seen so far is that Gamma Correction (in Settings) has changed and now higher values give more text darkness/contrast.

Once again there's only the cr3-pb.app file in each zip, to replace the previous one in \system\bin.

Links:

For 3xx:
standard smoothing version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30005099/Poc...0.6-1_50-3.zip
smoothing the soft version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30005099/Poc...1_gr8_50-3.zip

For 60x/90x/360+:
standard smoothing version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30005099/Poc...0.6-1_50-3.zip
smoothing the soft version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30005099/Poc...1_gr8_50-3.zip

Thanks, pkbo!
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #227
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hi guys,

do you ever do something different than throwing new versions of CR out every day

Unfortunately a couple of versions ago (didn't look when exactly) the program started not to replace fonts to custom when "Document embedded styles" was set to "off", and this (bug) wasn't fixed till now
I attached the stylesheets of two novels (copied from Sigil), "Limit" behaves as desired and shows custom font, "Ashes of Victory" remains on a sans-serif Arial or Verdana font, no matter what I do.
Maybe one of your experts will have a look at it and fix this rather annoying behaviour, me, and I guess many others as well would really appreciate the effort

THX in advance, troll05
Attached Files
File Type: txt Limit.txt (2.7 KB, 249 views)
File Type: txt Ashes of Victory.txt (2.9 KB, 237 views)
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #228
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Here is chgangelog for this version of the Coolreader engin, quoting Buggins:
Quote:
Formatter: fix italic glyph truncation on the left
Invert gamma
Formatter: fixed space after footnote title; limited minimum space character width when fitting line into screen
Formatter: disable adding space after paragraph's beginning dash
Fix italic font right bound measurements
Android: fast book opening: background cache file saving feature
I heard that last item is not good for us. Because of it book opening and even closing could be really slow. I don't know yet if it is the problem with this change in the engine or I need to make some adjustments to make it work as expected.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #229
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Hi guys,
Unfortunately a couple of versions ago (didn't look when exactly) the program started not to replace fonts to custom when "Document embedded styles" was set to "off", and this (bug) wasn't fixed till now
troll05 I remember we have already discussed the issue, did you miss this message? I think that this setting name is confusing it doesn't actually turn embedded styles off. It just allows external stylesheet (epub.css) to override the embedded one. I.e. if some element in the book has style defined in the epub.css it will be formatted according to it. But if it doesn't have the style definition the one from embedded stylesheet will be used. You need to set font-family attribute in the "Ashes of Victory" to the font you like.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:06 AM   #230
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
troll05 I remember we have already discussed the issue, did you miss this message?
Actually I really missed that, and I didn't truly understand the meaning of "Embedded styles".
Sorry for bothering you again with the same request.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:53 AM   #231
pkbo
Addict

Please don't be sorry, it is perfectly fine to repeat the request. Embedded styles are defined in the style sheet inside of the epub file.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:37 AM   #232
njok
njok began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302,Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
What are you doing to access menu in the fbreader?
To access menu in the fbreader i tap the screen in the center.

With the coolreader started i tried with Power button, press all buttons,tap the screen... but i can not get the menu.
Can you explain how to open menu. What do i have to set.

Thanks
njok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:09 AM   #233
pkbo
Addict

Did you try to assign "Quick menu" action to some button in the Settings->Buttons assignment dialog?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:40 PM   #234
GinaA
GinaA began at the beginning.

Device: PB360+
Hi, I'm sorry I have to ask the very basic question for the coolreader. How do install it?
What I did so far are copy the cr3-pb.app on system/bin and, copy the cr3 on system/share (I made new folder for "share"). But I can't get it work on reading PB2.
Do I miss something?
GinaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:48 AM   #235
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
If the 360+ is similar to the Pro series devices, you still need to tell it that the coolreader app should be used for opening various book formats. You need to create (or edit) a file called /system/config/extensions.cfg on the internal SD partition. In that file, I added a line for EPUB books:

Code:
epub:@EPUB_file:1:cr3-pb.app,AdobeViewer.app,fbreader.app:ICON_EPUB
I think that if you search this forum for extensions.cfg, you should find all the information that you need to get it working for other formats, as well.

Edit: Actually, just look at the Sticky thread for making FBReader and PDFViewer the default applications.

Last edited by rkomar; 08-26-2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Added note on sticky thread.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:12 AM   #236
GinaA

Hi rkomar,
I actually succeed to configure the extensions.cfg. When I tried to open pb2 file, the cr3 options as a reader already showed up.
The problem start when I choose it. A glasshour appear and then, there is an error information saying "cannot start program".
Old 08-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #237
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaA View Post
Hi rkomar,
I actually succeed to configure the extensions.cfg. When I tried to open pb2 file, the cr3 options as a reader already showed up.
The problem start when I choose it. A glasshour appear and then, there is an error information saying "cannot start program".
It's hard to say where the problem is when that happens. You could try opening different pb2 files, or even some epubs, to see if coolreader will start properly with those. If it still doesn't, then the problem is likely with coolreader.

The 360+ is quite different from the older 360 in terms of the programs it can run. Is it possible you installed the wrong version of coolreader? You need the "60x/90x/360+" version for the new models, not the "3xx" version for the older ones.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #238
GinaA

Thanx rkomar, the latest version I copy under system/bin is pkb-cr3-pb-pro-0.0.6-1 (the pro version). I also try other ebook, the epub one. The same thing happen.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #239
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaA View Post
Thanx rkomar, the latest version I copy under system/bin is pkb-cr3-pb-pro-0.0.6-1 (the pro version). I also try other ebook, the epub one. The same thing happen.
Well, I'm not sure what else to say. I can't see anything wrong in what you did. At this point, I think you need to see what the error message is. You could try mounting the reader over USB and looking for a log file somewhere in the system directory.

I don't know if the poterm application runs in the 360+, but if it does, you could try to install it and run coolreader right from the commandline. It would probably show you any error messages that pop up. If you had an epub in /mnt/ext2/mybook.epub for example, then you could try to open it with the command: /mnt/ext1/system/bin/cr3-pb.app /mnt/ext2/mybook.epub and see what happens.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #240
GinaA

Unfortunately, I use Windows 7 in my computer. But thanks for the suggestions I'll keep an eye on the forum, in case there are others who have the same problem as mine. Thanks rkomar!