Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #1321
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
And here it is complete with map, intro, acknowledgments, and, of course, the final chapter.

Thanks again poohbear for the great story, we're waiting for the next one now....

Any errors in compilation are mine, but please let me know what is wrong and I'll fix them and get a new version posted.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #1322
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's the mobi version thanks to calibre!
Attached Files
File Type: mobi High Noon - Poohbear_nc.mobi (236.9 KB, 267 views)
Old 07-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #1323
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
I believe you should have used our user names throughout the story. Some of them I still don't know who it referred to.
maybe a cast of characters cheat sheet can be added. after all, how many people who do't hang out in the lounge are going to figure out who joyous_cowpat is (even though that was BRILLIANT!)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #1324
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
maybe a cast of characters cheat sheet can be added. after all, how many people who do't hang out in the lounge are going to figure out who joyous_cowpat is (even though that was BRILLIANT!)
I had suggested that as well, sort of a glossary who's who and what's what sort of thing. Where we could tell who everyone is, and things like what a SHUM is as well.

If someone wants to make one have at it, or maybe we should do it somewhere where we can collaborate on it so we don't have to keep posting 50 million versions when we realize we forgot someone.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #1325
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I love kindlekitten's comment from the "Praise for High Noon" section. I'm not sure how it fit in with the others in that section, but it made me laugh!

....."Tushies!" —kindlekitten.

Tushies, indeed! Great job, poohbear-nc, and great editing, dsvick! Tushies to all! In the good way!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:12 AM   #1326
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I love kindlekitten's comment from the "Praise for High Noon" section. I'm not sure how it fit in with the others in that section, but it made me laugh!

Tushies, indeed! Great job, poohbear-nc, and great editing, dsvick! Tushies to all! In the good way!
I did? has it been since the 13th of July? did you know I have been on a demon computer with a mind of its own? did it make you laugh/smile/have abetter day?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:21 AM   #1327
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Yes, I am also fond of Kindlekitten's tushie.
I did spend a good deal of time in this saga watching it bouncing up and down.

I am honored that my comments were included.
My attorney, not so much.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:08 AM   #1328
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Thank you everyone......

It doesn't have to end, does it ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:06 AM   #1329
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Thank you everyone......

It doesn't have to end, does it ?
No!!! And again... NO!!

We want more... the space saga, the kung fu special, the horror version, the romance nov - errr, no, not that one. I see a whole genre of non-genre specific tales, an entire series of unrelated books... my own publishing company... [crap, did I say that outloud]....
Old 07-20-2010, 08:09 AM   #1330
dsvick
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

It didn't fit in, I just tossed it in there for exactly the reason you mentioned - I though it would be incongruously funny
I'd make a good reporter and take everything completely out of context
Old 07-20-2010, 08:22 AM   #1331
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
No!!! And again... NO!!

We want more... the space saga, the kung fu special, the horror version, the romance nov - errr, no, not that one. I see a whole genre of non-genre specific tales, an entire series of unrelated books... my own publishing company... [crap, did I say that outloud]....

you missed out the erotica ....
Old 07-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #1332
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
you missed out the erotica ....
You're so out of it GeoffC -- it's Vampire Erotica - that's what's cool now!
With or without tushies!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:56 AM   #1333
GeoffC

Ah you mean something with spice .... and bite !
Old 07-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #1334
dsvick
Wizard

Quote:
Ah you mean something with spice .... and bite !
And necking!!
Old 07-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #1335
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I can just picture it!
The cougars and geezers of MobileRead gumming each other!
And erotic napping!
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote