Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #361
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast
huuduc1kk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, LifeBook plus
Hi,
I cant replace these file by use ES Filemanager in root mode. Maybe my room is odex?
huuduc1kk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:05 PM   #362
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
The current version of Scribd (3.10.1) needs Android 4.x and up, so it doesn't work.
I did find though version 3.8.1 and it installs OK.
I opened it and it seems to work OK but since I don't have an account I couldn't test anything else.
Aahh very interesting, thanks! Might mess around a bit when I find some time
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2015, 08:12 AM   #363
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast
huuduc1kk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, LifeBook plus
hi, how i replace files in ext partion of sd card? i use live linux but it cant read that partion?
huuduc1kk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:22 AM   #364
nubble
nubble has learned how to read e-booksnubble has learned how to read e-booksnubble has learned how to read e-booksnubble has learned how to read e-booksnubble has learned how to read e-booksnubble has learned how to read e-booksnubble has learned how to read e-booksnubble has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Hi,
Is there a way to gain root ssh/telnet access to the android OS running on kobo? Or anything like USBNetworking?

Thanks
nubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #365
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubble View Post
Hi,
Is there a way to gain root ssh/telnet access to the android OS running on kobo? Or anything like USBNetworking?
I'm using Android Commander to connect to all my Android devices.
It's a very handy utility.
One of the things it can do is to create a Shell Console
You can type and also run SH scripts
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2015, 08:32 PM   #366
finitary
finitary began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus Excel, Barnes and Noble Nook Simple Touch
Kobo Aura (not HD)

Is there anything like this available for the Kobo Aura (not HD)? Meaning the ability to run Android instead of Kobo firmware. Thanks
finitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:58 AM   #367
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD | KSM9 | KoReader | Plato
Who have maked or can make a new MsgE6.apk with an goed background picture (no girl, but something white background or nature enz..)? You can edit MsgE6.apk with apk tool but it is to difficult..
anki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:22 AM   #368
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD | KSM9 | KoReader | Plato
Who can add here a e-ink version of Cool reader.(marek version which was installed on the image)
anki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:39 AM   #369
Vauxdvihl
Vauxdvihl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O
Hi all,

short newbie question.
Does it also work with Aura H2O (device have a sd card slot)
Thanks
Regards
Vauxdvihl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:21 AM   #370
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Sorry but the Android images I found are for the Touch (newer), Glo (not HD) and AuraHD only.
If there is any for the other Kobos, please post a link here so I can add them to the first post.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:30 AM   #371
bidonnant
bidonnant began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Google Play Books

I want to use Google Play Books because I like the way it syncs all my files accross all my devices. I was able to get an older version of Google Play Books (2.3.5) that would work with android 2.3.4 installed, but when I open the app I get a pop-up in german that says:

"Hinweis

Ein fehler ist aufgetreten und alle Aktionen wurden abgebrochen. Bitte versuchen Sie es erneut oder starten Sie Ihre tolino neu.

Fenster Schlieben"

This translates to:

"Note

An error has occurred and all actions were discontinued . Please try again, or restart your Tolino .

Close Window"

Does anyone have a clue what is going wrong?
bidonnant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:22 AM   #372
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidonnant View Post
This translates to:

"Note

An error has occurred and all actions were discontinued . Please try again, or restart your Tolino .

Close Window"

Does anyone have a clue what is going wrong?
This is the same as the "Force close" Android dialog.
That means that it can't start this program.
Maybe an even older version?
I can't try it now (no computer with me), but I'll check it in the future...
Old 07-08-2015, 12:06 PM   #373
mobamoba
Enthusiast
mobamoba began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Actually I've noticed that the "Force Close" error comes up way too fast for Android on the Glo as, in many instances, if you just let it sit, the app continues to load in the background. You can then hit the close window button and restart the app, which usually takes care of the problem for me.

Does anyone know how to extend the timeout on that window? It doesn't offer a "wait" option, and it would be nice to give programs more than 20 seconds to load before deciding they're frozen.
mobamoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:24 PM   #374
Unessential
Unessential began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by finitary View Post
Is there anything like this available for the Kobo Aura (not HD)? Meaning the ability to run Android instead of Kobo firmware. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
Sorry but the Android images I found are for the Touch (newer), Glo (not HD) and AuraHD only.
If there is any for the other Kobos, please post a link here so I can add them to the first post.
I was just about to ask if the Aura HD image world work with the Aura, and if not what changes would be needed...

I thought most of the hardware from the AuraHD was the same as the Aura and changes would be mostly stuff like settings to display at the right resolution...

Can someone provide insight on this?
Unessential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:46 PM   #375
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unessential View Post
I was just about to ask if the Aura HD image world work with the Aura, and if not what changes would be needed...

I thought most of the hardware from the AuraHD was the same as the Aura and changes would be mostly stuff like settings to display at the right resolution...

Can someone provide insight on this?
The Aura HD is a "Mark 4" device and the Aura a "Mark 5". They probably do share a lot of hardware, but there will be a bigger difference than with the other device if the same mark.

The other problem with the Aura is that it does not have a removable internal SD card. That makes it harder to image and if a mistake is made, more likely to be bricked.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote