Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 04-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
128MB Memory Card in Canada?

Any Canucks out there ordered a 128MB card for the 1150 from a store in Canada by any chance? If so could you post a URL?
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Any Canucks out there ordered a 128MB card for the 1150 from a store in Canada by any chance? If so could you post a URL?

A few years ago I used to walk by the 128MB Smartmedia cards at TheSource (formerly Radio Shack) and scoff at the $80 price tag when the street price was half that.

Now you'd be lucky to score one AT that price!

nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
ebay?

Have you checked ebay?

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:24 AM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
MemoryTen has some for $26...although I don't know if they ship to Canada.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:42 AM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
check this website:
http://www.ectaco.ca/products/E-BookMan-911/

They have old 32MB MMC cards (they had also 64MB MMC cards in the past)for eBookman that probably can be used with EBW-1150 unit.
I know that some models of electronic dictionaries work with 128MB SD cards so they may have it too but it will be better to call them and ask about it.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:47 AM   #6
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
MemoryTen has some for $26...although I don't know if they ship to Canada.
This site looks promising as they have many 128MB SmartMedia cards "in stock". Don't know what's up with all those code numbers. I would have expected to see some 3.3V cards but it appears that for "marketing purposes" these cards are usually labelled as 3V cards...

But, it doesn't say they ship to Canada. Their $1 shipping only applies to the Continental US.

EDIT: if you are going to do cross-border shopping, then consider DaleDe's post here.

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-21-2009 at 06:59 AM. Reason: added link to DaleDe's post
Old 04-21-2009, 06:54 AM   #7
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
check this website:
http://www.ectaco.ca/products/E-BookMan-911/

They have old 32MB MMC cards (they had also 64MB MMC cards in the past)for eBookman that probably can be used with EBW-1150 unit.
I know that some models of electronic dictionaries work with 128MB SD cards so they may have it too but it will be better to call them and ask about it.
The EBW1150 only uses SmartMedia cards which differ from MMC or SD cards.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #8
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

$48 US isn't that bad for the 128MB card. I've just been unable to find a place here that has them. Even tried some of the old camera stores. I'll just bite the bullet and order from jr.com at least we know the card will work with the 1150.

Ummmm, I'll keep looking. $35 to ship the $47 card. <Cough>

Last edited by shighfield; 04-21-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Woah. Shipping.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #9
nrapallo

Quote:
Ummmm, I'll keep looking. $35 to ship the $47 card. <Cough>

$US to boot...
Old 04-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #10
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?

I know. I was expecting $5 shipping when I would have spent the money just because I want it. <Laugh>

I'm going down town later this week so will try a quick trip into China town where there are some really good little stores that have always had the weird electronic stuff I've wanted before.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #11
nrapallo

Quote:
I'm going down town later this week so will try a quick trip into China town where there are some really good little stores that have always had the weird electronic stuff I've wanted before.
Any REB1200's?
Old 04-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #12
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?

I always keep my eyes open for things like that at the auction, but this shop just seems to have 5 of everything still brand new. Believe me if I ever saw a 1200 for a good price I'd pick it up.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #13
hunter505
hunter505 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise 1150
I got a 128mb card from an eBay seller for $33.45 total. Free shipping to the US. Got it to me in about 4 days. Seller name is ballcourt155ab. Give him a try.
hunter505 is offline   Reply With Quote