Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #46
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
New version: 1.1.0

Hi everyone,

Latest Update: The current version is 1.1.0
Recent Changes:
  • Changed ini file save location

This should happen without the user realising it. (If the ini file exists in the old location its contents will be transferred to the new location when the user clicks the "Change external editor" link.) This means that users on Vista/Windows 7 will now be able to add or change the external editor without running the application as an administrator.

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #47
Rena0206
Rena0206 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
Hi everyone,

Latest Update: The current version is 1.1.0
Recent Changes:
  • Changed ini file save location

This should happen without the user realising it. (If the ini file exists in the old location its contents will be transferred to the new location when the user clicks the "Change external editor" link.) This means that users on Vista/Windows 7 will now be able to add or change the external editor without running the application as an administrator.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Hey Ben! How can i get this current version! I have been using your editor with my books and love it!

Thanks,
Rena
Rena0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #48
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena0206 View Post
Hey Ben! How can i get this current version! I have been using your editor with my books and love it!

Thanks,
Rena
Hi Rena,

Glad you like it! The latest version can be downloaded from http://code.google.com/p/epub-metada...downloads/list

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #49
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montyp535 View Post
another idea: what about a random filling (numbers/letters) of the identifier field, if it's empty (or a button for generating from some other thngs).
Because it's possible to get problems, if the field is filled with the same code - can happen, when you convert epubs by batch with atlantis word processor. the program fills the field with a date-time-code - but unfortunately it can happen when the books are small enough, that the code is in two books the same - and then some readers have problems with these books...
This issue has been addressed in the latest beta version of Atlantis Word Processor. Global unique identifiers are now used instead. No chance of a duplicate ID from now on.
awp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #50
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.1.1

Hi everyone,

Following a suggestion, a new version is available at http://code.google.com/p/epub-metadata-editor/

Recent Changes:
  • Added "Reverse 'Surname, Lastname' in Creator" to SHIFT click on "Auto-generate 'File as'" button (see button tool tip)
  • Minor UI change: relocated "Swap 'Title' and 'Creator'" button

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #51
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.1.2

Hi everyone,

For a while I have been wanting to give users an easier way to discover if a new version of EPub Metadata Editor is available. I have now added a way to do this. Under the About button, you will now see a link. When you click the link (assuming you have an active internet connection), the program will check a webpage, retrieve the latest version information and compare it to the current installed version. If there is a new version, a dialog box will appear with a link to the Google Code download page.

Let me know what you think! (I have not made the check automatic on program start, since it slows the start down too much.)

Sincerely,
Ben.

Latest Update: The current version is 1.1.2
Recent Changes:
  • Added "Swap Creators" button
  • Added "Check for update" link (under About button)
Old 06-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #52
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Just downloaded your program. Works great. Thanks!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #53
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Just downloaded your program. Works great. Thanks!
You're welcome!
Old 06-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #54
mabe
mabe began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Eee Reader DR900
Thanks Ben. Great program.

I'm looking for a program able to export some ebook metadata fields from command line, something like:

ebubmetadataeditor -EbookName -title

to retrieve the ebook title

(I would like to use it with Autohotkey and create a batch file that will place every ebook in a folder with his ebook title as folder name)

I don't know any program or script able to do that. Also Calibre as far as I know doesn't have this feature.
Any hope to see it implemented in your program?

Thanks,
mabe
mabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:30 AM   #55
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Hi mabe,

That would be possible. However, because the program is written in VB.Net it would be fairly slow. (Certainly, the first time the program starts up it can take quite a long time. Subsequent starts are quicker.)

I hope to have time to do some more work on the program, so I will see about adding commandline features.

Sincerely,
Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabe View Post
Thanks Ben. Great program.

I'm looking for a program able to export some ebook metadata fields from command line, something like:

ebubmetadataeditor -EbookName -title

to retrieve the ebook title

(I would like to use it with Autohotkey and create a batch file that will place every ebook in a folder with his ebook title as folder name)

I don't know any program or script able to do that. Also Calibre as far as I know doesn't have this feature.
Any hope to see it implemented in your program?

Thanks,
mabe
Old 06-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #56
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.0

Hi everyone,

A new version of EPub Metadata Editor is now available.

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.0
Recent Changes:
  • Added "Rename" link (to rename the original epub file)
  • Added console application for extracting metadata using the command line

The rename link will open up a dialog box which allows you to build a template using some of the metadata fields. Once you have prepared your template, click the button with arrows on it to auto-generate the new filename. Alternatively, you can simply change the filename manually. (Note that the template is saved to the ini file so it will be remembered for next time!)

(It is possible that a future version could include the rename functionality in the "Batch Operations" panel, if there is user interest.)

The console application was requested by a user and provides a means of extracting certain metadata fields from an epub. In principle, more fields could be added, but at the moment you can only extract Title, TitleFileAs, Creator and CreatorFileAs.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:53 AM   #57
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Hi everyone,

I just realised that the console version is not deleting the temporary files. So I will try and fix that later today.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #58
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.1

Hi everyone,

Here's the changelog for the latest version:

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.1
Recent Changes:
  • Added batch rename (using configurable template that utilises metadata)
  • Console version now has more extractable fields
  • Console version now deletes temp directory

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #59
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.2

Hi everyone,

A new version has been released. Here's the changelog:

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.2
Recent Changes:
  • Added EPUB3 handling (alpha release)
  • Error handling in rename template
  • Simple file viewer
  • Various bug fixes

So the big addition is EPUB3 handling. Note that this is only an ALPHA release. Please be careful using this program to edit the metadata of EPUB3 files. I highly recommending making a backup of your original files in case something gets messed up beyond repair.

Since the rename template is used to rename files, certain characters are not allowed. The template textbox now will not allow these characters to be entered. It also provides a help message for obtaining a "%" character in the final filename.

The simple file viewer simply allows you to open one of the html/xhtml files inside the EPUB file and see what it looks like. I have no idea whether the internal CSS and font files are used; it simply uses the webbrowser built into VB.Net.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #60
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.3

Hi everyone,

New version. Changelog:

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.3
Recent Changes:
  • More robust handling of EPUB3 metadata
  • '\' can now be used in rename template to add (nested) subfolders

Sincerely,
Ben.

Last edited by BenChen; 07-03-2012 at 10:56 AM.