Notices

Old 07-21-2006, 07:24 AM   #1
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
connecting to USB?

i think this sounds really, really stupid, but:

How do you connect you iliad to your PC?

The Ethernet part of the travel hub works, but if i connect it to the PC using the usb cable it doesn't show up as mass storage device.

AArgh.

Well, except that, it's really cool.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:34 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
If you use windows, you should just have to tur on your iLiad, plug in the travel hub, plug travelhub with provided usb-cable into pc, and get a removable media device on your computer.

If that doesnt work, either your computer doesnt recongnize usb drives, or your iliad or travelhub, or usb cable is broken
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2006, 07:38 AM   #3
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
ah. ok.

Rebooting and/or plugging in the power supply helped. This thingie seriously needs a low battery warning.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:40 AM   #4
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
I was going to say it worked fine for me last night but then the power cord was plugged in at the time.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:05 AM   #5
emkay
Zealot
emkay began at the beginning.

Hi,
I found that the USB link doesn't work when the battery is lowish, even when the mains power is plugged in.

Conclusion1: The Iliad needs a reasonable amount of onboard power to be recognised as a USB storage device by your PC. This I find strange, when you consider that USB sticks have no onboard power. But then I suppose the Iliad needs more than USB's built in 5v to do its thing - it is running its own OS after all.

Conclusion2: The Iliad is not running on mains power when plugged in, it's just running from the charging battery. (?!)

Conclusion3: Yes, they do need a low battery warning.

And bring on the power management!
emkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert