Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #31
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
It's odd that the shipping weight should be so high. If I remember right, the shipping weight for the Kindle 3 was something like 1 1/2 pounds?
Um....1 1/2 pounds IS 24 oz.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:17 AM   #32
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
...Right. I don't know what I was thinking. I think it was less than that, then. Because the Kindle 3 is definitely lighter than the iPad if I remember right.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #33
sneakyspider
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just bought a Sony PRS-300SC. I was going to buy the Aluratek Libre Pro eReader, but a gift card with Amazon was the deciding factor. It was only $32 (which includes shipping) and comes with a case and charging cable. I don't know much about the device beyond specs, but from I understand it is an alright ereader. A bit low in the memory department, but I only carry around 130 books on average on an individual device, so it should be more than enough. This will be my first Sony ereader.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #34
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Welcome in the Sony world!
By its name, I guess it's a silver one, isn't it? Does it have a touch screen?
I hope you'll have a great time using it
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #35
sneakyspider

Thank you. Yes, it's silver, and no it doesn't have a touchscreen.
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #36
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
I just bought a Sony PRS-300SC. I was going to buy the Aluratek Libre Pro eReader, but a gift card with Amazon was the deciding factor. It was only $32 (which includes shipping) and comes with a case and charging cable. I don't know much about the device beyond specs, but from I understand it is an alright ereader. A bit low in the memory department, but I only carry around 130 books on average on an individual device, so it should be more than enough. This will be my first Sony ereader.
Enjoy! There is nothing stronger than the pull of the gift card. Gift cards and RewardZone points are the only things bringing me back to Best Buy.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #37
sneakyspider

I'm sure I will enjoy it. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long for it to get here. It won't even ship until Monday.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #38
sneakyspider

It came today. I'm surprised by how small it is, from the pictures I looked at I thought it'd be a little bigger. I like it, though. The screen is darker than I'm used to, but it's easy to ignore. The slower page turns is a bit harder to get around, but you sort of develop little strategies to deal with it, like turning the page half a second before you're finished with the last line. On the whole I'd have to say I'm pretty pleased with it.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #39
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
It came today. I'm surprised by how small it is, from the pictures I looked at I thought it'd be a little bigger. I like it, though. The screen is darker than I'm used to, but it's easy to ignore. The slower page turns is a bit harder to get around, but you sort of develop little strategies to deal with it, like turning the page half a second before you're finished with the last line. On the whole I'd have to say I'm pretty pleased with it.

You bought 2009 technology. Of course it's going to be slower & darker. At least it's better than the Aluratek. *shudders*
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #40
sneakyspider

I expected it to be slower and darker. I was just saying that it doesn't bother me that much, even though I'm used to newer technology.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:27 AM   #41
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Glad you like it! You've spent time trying to figure out which one was good for you.

With the Sony 650 I used to touch to turn a couple of words before the end of the page (2010 technology, to quote Shopaholic ). I have to remind myself not to do that with the Kobo Mini, because it's faster and each time I miss those last couple of words
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #42
sneakyspider

When I was using the Paperwhite after using the Sony PRS300, I would touch the screen to turn the page and I would be waiting for it to happen before I realized it already had.